In this Must Know…
- Farewell Susan but Not Goodbye!
- Join CAMEO’s Advocacy Day 2021 on June 8, 2021.
- Join our Listening Session TODAY at 10:00am PT to discuss California’s plans to reopen the economy on June 15.
- CAMEO is hiring a Finance Manager.
- Happy AAPI Heritage Month! Support an AAPI-owned business in your neighborhood!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the CDFI Fund’s NOFA for the Small Dollar Loan Program.
Farewell Susan but Not Goodbye
Susan Brown has been with CAMEO for many years, initially as a board member, then as a consultant for 12 years and then as an employee for the last year. She has decided to return to her consultant practice in the economic development arena, where we hope our paths will cross again. You can reach her at email@example.com.
We’re immensely grateful for the contributions that Susan has made to CAMEO including conceiving and developing our MicroLending Academy that has become our CDFI Incubator with nationally recognized programs.
Best wishes, Susan, on your next venture. We’ll miss her insights and her commitment to reach underserved entrepreneurs and microbusinesses.
Advocacy Day 2021
CAMEO’s commitment to sustaining and increasing funding for the sector has not changed. We will gather virtually once again to stand up for responsible business lending, ensure that our small business programs are working for our client, and discuss what the state can do to ensure a healthy recovery.
We’re starting 2021 with a new proposed infrastructure plan and grants for California’s small businesses – but we can do more. Join us on June 8, 2021 for Advocacy Day!
CalSavers June Deadline
CalSavers is California’s retirement savings program designed for the millions of Californians who lack a way to save for retirement at their job.
California’s new mandate is phased in over three years, with deadlines based on employer size. The registration deadline for employers with 51-100 employees is June 30, 2021. Employers with 5 or more employees have until June 30, 2022, but are encouraged to register early.
Spread the word to your clients using CalSavers’ digital toolkit.
For Your Clients
- Governor Newsom signed AB 80, a bill that will give small businesses hit hardest by this pandemic a $6.2 billion tax cut over the next six years.
- Rhett Buttle explains the process for applying for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund in his latest piece for Forbes.