In this Must Know…
- COVID Aid Package Includes $50B for Small Business
- Join us on March 16, 2021 at 10:30am PST for a listening session on the stimulus bill
- Regional Virtual Meetings
- Join us for a new Train-the-Trainer webinar on the California Relief Grant Program TODAY at 3:00pm PST.
- Microlending Essentials Online: Spring 2021 is sold out. Join the waiting list here.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is an SBA report which confirms that small business loans have a statistically and economically significant impact on small business employment growth and small business entry.
COVID Aid Package Includes $50B for Small Business
Yesterday, House Democrats passed the Senate-amended version of the $1.9 trillion COVID aid package, sending the bill to the President’s desk for signature. The White House announced Biden will sign the bill into law on Friday.
- $7.25 billion in additional funds for the PPP’s lending authority.
- $25 billion for a Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- $15 billion for additional advance payments under the SBA’s EIDL program
- $10 billion for the State Small Business Credit Initiative
- $1.25 billion more for SBA grants to live venues and cultural institutions
- $100 million to establish a community navigator pilot program for community-based small business support organizations.
- Check out our latest blog post for more!
Listening Session: Stimulus Bill
There’s a lot to unpack from the stimulus bill that Congress just passed, as it includes aid for small businesses as well as nonprofits like ours.
Join us on March 16, 2021 at 10:30am PST to find out what’s in store for you and your clients with our special guest Matt Gomez, Banking Counsel for Chairwoman Nydia M. Velázquez, House Committee on Small Business. Ann and Liz Sullivan, our DC lifeline, will also be on the line.
Regional Virtual Meetings
Now that spring is almost here we’re picking back up with our regional meetings to check in with our members and find out their needs. Be on the lookout for a future meeting with members in your area!
- SBA/CAMEO Bay Area Member Meeting on March 17, 2021 at 9:30am PST.
- Entrepreneurship Advantage Virtual March Meetup: Supporting LA’s Arts and Cultural Businesses on March 25, 2021 at 11:00am PST.
For Your Clients
- The Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights is offering a webinar to assist Mandarin-speaking small businesses in San Francisco with commercial lease negotiation and evictions moratorium on March 17, 2021 at 3:00pm.
- Mission Asset Fund’s COVID-19 Resources Finder is a free online tool that matches people with local, state, and national resources they need.
- New report by the SBA confirms what many of us already know: small business loans have a statistically and economically significant impacton small business employment growth and small business entry.
- The Future of Work Commission published A New Social Compact for Work and Workers, which identifies critical challenges for California to address for its workers.
- Funding Opportunity: ICYMI – Applications are open for the US Treasury’s Emergency Capital Investment Program.
- Jobs: Working Solutions, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and LA Food Policy Council announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!