“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.
In this Must Know…
- Congratulations to the Biden-Harris team
- Join TODAY’s Train-the-Trainer webinar on the California Rebuilding Fund at 10:30am PDT
- Small Business Saturday is November 28, 2020
- This week’s Goodie highlight are four research reports on several important small business topics.
Congratulations to the Biden-Harris Team
We congratulate apparent President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris (a California native) on their apparent victory.
We look forward to working with their administration on supporting our country’s small businesses that are facing unprecedented challenges due to the pandemic. And those challenges have been deeper felt by communities of color. The Biden Administration wants to ensure that any recovery efforts go where they are needed. “It is unacceptable to have a small-business program that is leaving minority business owners out in the cold, or that firms with fewer than 20 employees received only about 20% of the money – even though they make up about one third of payroll.” We look forward to continued and increased support of under-served and under-valued business owners, who can help our economy recover as long as their entrepreneurial ecosystem is strengthened.
And of course, we’re thrilled we’ll have the first woman, first Black, and first South Asian Vice President.
The work continues!
Train-the-Trainer Webinar TODAY
There’s still time for you to join us for TODAY’s Train-the-Trainer webinar on the California Rebuilding Fund at 10:30am PDT!
In this session, we will:
- review the final product info;
- do a live demo of the application;
- discuss the process by which unmatched borrowers will be referred to TA providers; and
- explore different ways to calculate profitability.
Small Business Saturday
The holidays are just around the corner, and this year it’s more important than ever to support small businesses. Small Business Saturday is a way to help small business owners connect with their regular customers and reach new ones.
Download the Small Business Saturday Coalition Toolkit for resources to promote safe holiday shopping on November 28, and encourage your clients to visit the Shop Small Studio to get free customizable marketing materials.
- The Aspen Institute is conducting an evaluation of the San Francisco Entrepreneurs of Color Fund, a collaborative effort among 3 CAMEO member CDFIs: Working Solutions, Pacific Community Ventures, and ICA Fund Good Jobs.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy published two factsheets: Black Business Owners Hit Hard by Pandemic and Pandemic Pressures City Businesses.
- Big Ideas for Small Business is a five-step roadmap towards a more inclusive, dynamic, and productive small business sector.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy has updated its Frequently Asked Questions About Small Business with the latest government statistics.
- ICYMI: The Federal Reserve reduced the minimum loan size in its Main Street Lending Program to $100,000 from $250,000.
- Jobs: The Runway Project, Kitchen Table Advisors, and Women’s Economic Ventures announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!