In this Must Know…
- Join us on March 11, 2020 for the 2020 MicroLenders Forum in San Francisco.
- AEO 2020 Conference
- California Small Business Assistance Providers Conference
- Join our Third Thursday Webinar, “Ensuring a Fertile Regulatory Environment for Food Business,” TODAY, February 20, 2020 at 12:00pm PST.
- Happy National Entrepreneurship Week!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is our summary of Democratic presidential candidates’ small business policy proposals.
2020 MicroLenders Forum
Join us on March 11, 2020 for the 2020 MicroLenders Forum at the Google Community Space in San Francisco.
On the docket for this forum: networking, growth strategies from different perspectives, leadership roundtable, and two trainings on P&L Statements and SEO for CDFIs.
We’re very excited to welcome our special guest Isabel Guzman. She’s the Director, Office of the Small Business Advocate at The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development. See you there!
AEO 2020 Conference
The 2020 AEO National Microbusiness Conference is an event for professionals who provide capital, technical assistance, and other forms of guidance to underserved entrepreneurs. This year’s conference, Resilient: Small Businesses Strengthening Local Economies, is about tapping into the power of entrepreneurship to reinforce the growth of local economies.
The Conference takes place May 4-7, 2020 in Houston, Texas.
CA Small Business Providers Conference
The California Small Business Assistance Providers Professional Development Conference will take place in downtown San Diego on May 27-29, 2020.
The event will discuss cutting edge strategies to better serve small business owners and create a positive impact on the economy. It’s a great opportunity for SBDCs, WBCs, and microlenders! CAMEO is one of the hosts.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting a webinar on AB 5 and how it may impact small businesses on March 2, 2020 at 11:00am PST.
- Public Private Strategies and AARP launched the Small Business Caregiving Guide, a free online resource that helps small business owners create a caregiving-friendly workplace.
- A report by the SBA Office of Advocacy found that small banks devoted larger shares of their assets to small business loans, while large banks issued a higher total volume of small business loans.
- The Democracy at Work Institute released their 2019 Worker Cooperative Economic Census.
- Join Opportunity Finance Network for the free webinar, “Revenue Recognition Issues for CDFI Financial Statements” on February 25, 2020 at 10:00am PST.
- The 40th Annual CALED conference, “Getting It Done,” takes place March 25-27, 2020 in Sacramento. Carolina Martinez is on the planning committee.
- Policy News: With the presidential primaries in full swing, we wrote a summary of small business plans from the top Democratic candidates.
- LISC, Pacific Community Ventures, and Los Angeles Food Policy Council announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!