In this Must Know (lots of stuff going on this week!)…
- News News News
- Join our webinar on how to build organizational efficiency on October 10, 2023 at 12:00pm PT.
- Join our Behavioral Science in TA Info Session on October 13, 2023 at 10:00am PT.
- Attending the OFN Conference this month? Don’t miss Emily Gasner’s presentation on CDFI Certification Readiness on October 15, 2023 at 2:00pm ET at the Washington Hilton.
- Carolina Martinez was interviewed by Nerdwallet for an article on small business sentiment toward financing issues.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the news that CAMEO member Feed The Hunger Fund received Citi Foundation’s Global Innovation Challenge grant.
CAMEO Is Hiring!
Do you support local economies driven by local small business owners? Do you understand the power of business ownership to lift families and help them thrive and reach their version of the American Dream? If so, please apply and help us grow.
Current job opportunities include:
To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter with the job title in the subject line.
News News News
- Senator Dianne Feinstein passed away last Friday at the age of 90. Sen. Feinstein was the first-ever woman to represent California in the Senate.
- On Saturday, Congress passed a stopgap bill to fund the government for 45 days, averting a shutdown. This is good news, but we’re not out of the woods yet. A shutdown could still happen if Congress fails to pass a funding bill by November 17, 2023.
- The California DFPI’s new rules policing unfair, deceptive, and abusive practices (UDAAP) in relation to commercial financing went into effect on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
- The California Investment and Innovation Program published its Notice of Funding Availability on Monday. CPCFA staff will be conducting a Cal IIP Application Workshop on October 11, 2023 at 11:00am PT. The deadline to apply for funding is November 1, 2023.
- On Tuesday, the Supreme Court began hearing oral arguments surrounding the constitutionality of the CFPB’s funding. Please sign on to the APBN’s letter of support before October 15, 2023.
- The MEHKO ordinance for Los Angeles County was approved on Tuesday with a unanimous vote. This was made possible by all the hard work of CAMEO members, including COOK Alliance. Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard!
For Your Clients
- The Embark 2024 Program is designed for new entrepreneurs of color who are building outdoor businesses. Applications close on October 8, 2023.
- Grow With Google launched a free on-demand cybersecurity workshop on YouTube for Spanish-speaking small businesses.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is holding a live discussion on “Labor Markets, Inflation, and the Economy” on October 12, 2023 at 10:35am PT. Register to submit your questions.
- CBA’s Credit As An Asset: Small Business Bootcamp takes place November 6-7, 2023.
- Join Prosperity Now’s “Supporting Latine-owned businesses for Wealth Creation” on October 10, 2023 at 10:00am PT.
- Crowdfund Better CEO Kathleen Minogue is hosting “Bring Crowdfunding Knowledge to Your Small Business Support Organization” on October 10, 2023 at 11:00am PT.
- Member Kudos: Feed The Hunger Fund received Citi Foundation’s Global Innovation Challenge grant to expand their loan, grant and TA offerings to diverse and low-income food entrepreneurs in California.
- Jobs: CAMEO, NCRC, The US Treasury Department, and Accessity announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!