In this Must Know…
- California Small Business Relief Updates
- Targeted EIDL Advance
- CAMEO Academy Programs
- Breaking News: The Treasury Department will invest $9 billion in CDFIs and MDIs through the Emergency Capital Investment Program.
- CAMEO is hiring an Outreach Specialist/Manager
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Citi Foundation’s $25 million RFP for non-profits that provide technical assistance to small businesses owned by people of color, and their informational webinar on March 16.
California Small Business Relief Updates
As we’ve mentioned, California has allotted another $2 billion for small business grant funds. Yesterday, GO-Biz announced the timeline for the next three rounds of the Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program. If you have any friends who work for an arts and cultural non-profit, they will have a special program that starts March 16.
CAMEO’s also been advocating to help applicants of the California Rebuilding Fund (CARFund) who were not matched with a lender. We are looking for organizations across the state who are willing to gain new clients through existing services to help the unmatched applicants from the CARFund.
Please contact Heidi Pickman, if:
- Your organization is not already involved in the grant program and wants to be; or
- You want more information on how to receive referrals.
Targeted EIDL Advance
Advance funds of up to $10,000 will be available to applicants located in low-income communities who previously received an EIDL Advance for less than $10,000, or those who applied but received no funds due to lack of available program funding. Tell your clients!
CAMEO Academy Programs
Microlending Essentials Online: Spring 2021 on March 22-26, 2021 is now SOLD OUT. Click on the link to be added to the waiting list and the first to know about upcoming classes. This five-part class, created for the CDFI and business-coaching nonprofit community, trains staff on the fundamental skills for consistent, quality microloan underwriting.
And this is your last chance to join this year’s CDFI Essentials cohort. This month’s session takes place on March 12, 2021 at 11:00am PT.
For Your Clients
- Reimagine Main Street is conducting a survey to better understand the perceptions of small business owners on vaccines for Covid-19.
- The Citi Foundation launched a new $25 million RFP for non-profits that provide technical assistance to small businesses owned by people of color. Join a webinar on March 16 at 11:00am PT to review the application process and get questions answered.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy released The Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Small Businesses.
- The Future of Work Commission published A New Social Compact for Work and Workers, which identifies critical challenges for California to address for its workers.
- Reimagine Main Street conducted a survey on Policy Priorities of Business Owners of Color and COVID-19.
- Funding Opportunity: The CDFI Fund opened the FY 2021 funding round for the CDFI Program and the NACA Program.
- Jobs: Renaissance, LA Food Policy Council, and the Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!