In this Must Know…
California Relief Grant Round 8
Round 8 of the California Relief Grant program opens tomorrow, August 27, 2021. The application window will remain open until Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
Round 8 will be exclusive for nonprofit cultural institutions of any revenue size that meet eligibility criteria. Eligible institutions must complete a new application even if they already applied in Rounds 1, 2, 5 or 6; institutions that applied in Round 4 do not need to reapply. Grants will only be available to institutions that did not receive funding in any previous rounds.
Visit CAMEO’s training archive for previous train-the-trainer webinars on the CA Relief Grant. Some of our partners also have on-demand webinars on the program in different languages.
2020 Census: California Data
The U.S. Census Bureau launched a state-by-state look at the demographic changes revealed in the 2020 Census. Highlights for California include:
- Population is up by 6.1%
- Solano County is the most diverse at 75.6%
- San Francisco County has the highest percentage of population 18 years or older
The data included in these profiles can inform your outreach strategy and plans for necessary business services.
Tapestry Registry: Nominations Open
Celebrate Black Business Month and nominate a business for AEO’s Tapestry Project Innovation Registry. This online registry was designed to broaden the reach and visibility of organizations that support the launch and growth of Black businesses. The Tapestry Registry connects existing projects and innovations for Black business development with funders, investors, and other potential collaborators to drive opportunities for funding and partnership.
Professional & Funding Opportunities
- Starting September 1, 2021, Centro will be the new Kiva Hub for San Francisco, following their success as the Oakland Kiva Hub.
- MEDA was featured in a Univision story about the California Relief Grant program.
For Your Clients
- eBay’s Up & Running Program will award business sellers with grants of $10,000. Applications are due September 3, 2021.
- The AAPISTRONG Proudly Unstoppable Fund is now open for the first 1,000 applicants. Applications are due September 10, 2021.
- New Survey: Take the Federal Reserve’s survey on The Impact of COVID-19 on Low- to Moderate-Income Communities and the Entities Serving Them.
- Jobs: PACE, Community Vision, and Working Solutions announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!