In this Must Know…
- California Relief Grant Round 2
- Join our two upcoming Train-the-Trainer webinars on the California Relief Grant program
- Join our CDFI Essentials 2021 Cohort
- This week’s Goodie highlights are two great funding opportunities from the California government and NALCAB/Kaiser Permanente.
California Relief Grant Round 2
Round 2 for the California Relief Grant Program is almost here. Applications open on February 2nd, 2021 at 8:00am PST and will go through February 8th, 2021 at 6:00pm PST.
Approximately $237M in funding is being distributed in Round 1, with MORE funding to be granted in Round 2. Applicants who submitted their application and submitted all documentation in the first round do not need to reapply; qualified applications will be automatically rolled over into the next funding round for consideration. One complete application will qualify a business to be considered for both rounds, so they should only apply once.
Any eligible California small business owners that DID NOT apply in Round 1 can apply February 2-8 for Round 2. Round 2 approval notifications will be sent February 11-18.
California Relief Grant Train-the-Trainers
CAMEO is holding two webinars to talk about lessons from Round 1 and prepare our members and their staff for Round 2.
Join us TOMORROW, FRIDAY at 3:00pm PST and then on February 2nd at 2:00pm PST to take part in these trainers. We’ll concentrate on getting your clients ready: eligibility, setting up the technology, and the application. We’ll share best practices and answer your questions!
CDFI Essentials 2021
Join our CDFI Essentials 2021 cohort, every 2nd Friday of the month starting February 12 at 11:00am PST.
CAMEO created CDFI Essentials to help our members fully develop and professionalize their lending programs. CDFI Essentials consists of four core elements:
- Monthly training and discussion on critical topics
- Library of resources
- Individual support, coaching, and consultation
- Guest speakers
- NALCAB and Kaiser Permanente will provide grants, TA, and training to organizations that provide entrepreneurial assistance to low-wealth entrepreneurs and/or contract workers of color. Applications are due February 26, 2021.
- SEED grants will support the entrepreneurship of immigrants and limited English speakers through Community Based Organizations. Proposals are due March 3, 2021.
- Join OFN for a webinar that will explore how the Neighborhood Capital Investment program can be leveraged by CDFIs, TODAY at 1:00pm PST.
- The 2021 CDFI Coalition Institutebrings together a diverse range of CDFIs from across the country for policy discussions and advocacy. This year’s conference will take place virtually on March 9, 2021 from 7:30am to 3:00pm PST.
- For Your Clients: The Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship published a Small Business Owner’s Guide to COVID-19 Relief Legislation.
- Jobs: CAMEO, TMC Community Capital, and MEDA announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!