In this Must Know…
- Advocacy Day Success!
- Learn more on how to participate in our Community Navigator application on June 15, 2021 at 3:00pm PT.
- Join us on June 21, 2021 at 3:00pm PT for a Q&A on California’s plan to reopen the economy.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Vax for the Win – the Governor’s new initiative to encourage vaccination among Californians.
Advocacy Day Success!
Thank you to everyone who attended Advocacy Day 2021! Nearly 100 attendees made this our best Advocacy Day to date and the mood was celebratory. But the work is not finished, and we had lots to talk about in relation to current and upcoming programs that continue the efforts to provide relief for the neediest of small businesses.
We welcomed two amazing speakers: Mark Madrid, Associate Administrator, Office of Entrepreneurial Development for SBA; and Tara Lynn Gray, Director, Office of the Small Business Advocate, GO-Biz.
After telling us a touching personal story, Mark spoke about federal programs such as PPP, the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, and the new Community Navigator Pilot Program. Tara Lynn, meanwhile, talked about the success of the California Relief Grant and further efforts to secure more funding. Both spoke passionately about their work and were genuinely inspiring!
Forty-six people met with 18 Legislative offices to advocate on behalf of the state budget and our other micro-business priorities. The support from legislators and their staff was overwhelmingly positive. Read the event’s full recap here.
Webinar: Community Navigator Pilot Program
As mentioned on yesterday’s Advocacy Day meeting, CAMEO is going to apply for the SBA’s Community Navigator Pilot grant as a hub. Under this program, selected partners will engage in targeted outreach for small businesses in underserved communities to help them get the resources and support they need to get back on track.
Join us on June 15, 2021 at 3:00pm PT for an information session to learn more about the program and becoming a spoke.
Q&A: CA Opening for Business on June 15
California is slated to open for business on June 15! Last month, our guests updated us on “Beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.”
We have invited them back and invited new ones to answer all your questions. Join us on June 21, 2021at 3:00pm for a Q&A on the state’s efforts to fully reopen our economy.
Email your specific questions to Liza Rivera by next Thursday, June 17 to make sure that they get answered!
For Your Clients
- President Biden has increased the federal contracting goal for small disadvantaged business enterprises(DBEs) from 5% to 15%.
- Eligible small businesses, nonprofits, sole proprietors and independent contractors can still apply for a COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
- Grow With Google is hosting a webinar on June 24, 2021 at 9:00am PT, on how to create compelling video content on YouTube.
- PCV is hosting a webinar on “Understanding Business Credit and How to Develop a Strong Financing Application,” on June 28, 2021 at 12:30pm PT.
Professional & Funding Opportunities
- CBA’s two-part course on “Reading and Understanding Credit Reports” takes place Monday, June 28 and Tuesday, June 29, 2021 from 11:00am – 12:30pm PT.
- The Growth Accelerator Fund Competition will offer $50,000 for efforts to provide focused assistance to STEM/R&D entrepreneurs. Applications are due July 2, 2021.
- COVID Resources: Under the Vax for the Win program, vaccinated Californians will be eligible for a $50 incentive card, other cash prizes, and a chance at winning $50,000 or a grand prize of $1.5 million.
- Jobs: Acción Opportunity Fund, FUSE Corps, and LISC LA announced new jobs and fellowships recently. See who else is hiring!