In This Must Know..
- Our 2021 MicroLenders Forum was a success!
- Louis Caditz-Peck, CAMEO board member, appointed to the CFPB on its Consumer Advisory Board!
- CAMEO is hosting a Train the Trainer for the California Rebuilding Fund!
- Our Impact Census deadline has been extended one week!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Congrats to CAMEO members NAAC and Inclusive Action in the City who received grants from the CDFI Fund’s Small Dollar Loan Program for loans up to $2,500!
Our 2021 MicroLenders Forum was a succcess!
Thanks to our rockstar line up of speakers and the over 130 registrants who made our 2021 Virtual MicroLenders Forum a success. This year was the first time that we opened the Forum up to our friends and colleagues outside California. The captive audience enjoyed our speakers: US SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman, her deputy director for capital access, Therese Meers, Aya Ibrahim of the National Economic Council, Scott Wu of California’s Ibank and Rocio Sanchez Moyano of the Federal Reserve. We also unveiled our expanded CDFI Incubator.
A recap of the rich content and accompanying resources (including a recording) can be found on our blog post “Inclusive Small and Micro Business Lending Post-COVID.”
Louis Caditz-Peck annouced as an advisor to the CFPB on its Consumer Advisory Board!
Louis Caditz-Peck, CAMEO Board Member and Director of Public Policy at LendingClub, joins colleagues from consumer advocacy organizations as the only industry representative of fintech selected by the CFPB. He has been appointed to a 2-year term.
The CFPB’s Consumer Advisory Board helps inform the CFPB about emerging practices or trends in the consumer finance industry, and shares analysis and recommendations. Join us in congratulating Louis on his new position!
CAMEO is hosting a Train the Trainer for CA Rebuilding Fund!
California’s smallest businesses now have access to an additional $56.5 million through the California Rebuilding Fund, which offers flexible, low-cost loans to support long-term recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will host a CA Rebuilding Fund Train the Trainer on October 22, 2021 where we’ll review changes in the program, share outreach strategies and answer questions.
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury issued a Notice Regarding Applications for the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI).
- Outsmart Disaster is presenting: Resiliency Hour | Tips and Tools for Immediate Preparedness for Your Business on September 30th at 11:00am PT.
- Read the new report showing data on Nonemployer Asian U.S. Business Owners being Predominantly Foreign-Born.
- Congrats to CAMEO members NAAC and Inculsive Action in the City who received grants from the CDFI Fund’s Small Dollar Loan Program for loans up to $2,500!
- Jobs: CAMEO, CRC, Working Solutions, and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!