In this Must Know…
- 2023 CAMEO Summit – Hotel Updates!
- Responsible Business Lending – Support SB 666
- SBA Issues Final Rules on Business Lending Programs
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center’s business owner survey for entrepreneurial equity.
2023 CAMEO Summit
Join us June 7-8, 2023 at the CAMEO Summit, “Strengthening the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to Close the Wealth Gap.”
We are working on blocking out a limited number of rooms for the Citizen Hotel, (10 minute walk). The price will be $219+tax. Details will be forthcoming next week. Other hotels nearby include:
- Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown-Arena (300 J St, 7 min walk)
- Sheraton Grand (1230 J St, 15 minute walk)
- Hyatt Centric Downtown and Kimpton Sawyer Hotel are also close.
Responsible Business Lending – Support SB 666
SB 666 (Min) passed out of the CA Senate Banking Committee yesterday with a unanimous vote and now heads to the Senate Judiciary Committee (date TBD).
This bill will prevent financing companies from charging exorbitant fees in connection with a commercial financing transaction with a small business, including, among others, ACH fees and fees that do not have a clear corresponding service. Support the bill by signing our SB 666 coalition letter.
SBA Issues Final Rules on Business Lending Programs
Last week, the SBA issued several final rules on its 7(a) and 504 business loan programs that go into effect on May 11 and 12, 2023.
The rules are meant to modernize its regulations and apply to the Microloan Program, Intermediary Lending Pilot Program, Surety Bond Guarantee Program, the Disaster Loan Program, and Small Business Lending Companies programs.
CAMEO submitted a letter urging the SBA to include responsible lending standards into the regulations when allowing new lenders into the program, but to no avail. We are looking into other avenues to address our concerns.
- Join a Business Leader Briefing on the national debt ceiling with White House official Aviva Aron-Dine on April 24, 2023 at 11:00 am PT. CAMEO is a co-sponsor.
- Join CalNonprofits’ webinar on the state of the Nonprofit Equity Initiative, on May 3, 2023 at 11:00 am PT.
Events & Conferences
- If you haven’t already, register for AEO’s Annual Conference, “Reroute to Reconnect” on May 1-3, 2023 in Detroit, MI.
- Nominate one of your clients for Woman Business Owner of the Year at NAWBO’s National Women’s Business Conference on October 15-17, 2023 in Austin, TX.
For Your Clients
- The Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights is hosting a Virtual Legal Clinic for Entrepreneurs on April 27, 2023 at 4:00 pm PT.
- The NASDAQ Entrepreneurial Center is conducting entrepreneurial equity research. Ask your clients to fill out this survey.
- Industry News: CAMEO joins the CDFI Coalition’s request for $341 million for the CDFI Fund for Fiscal Year 2024.
- Jobs: Credit Builders Alliance, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and Accessity announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!