- Follow CDC guidelines for businesses.
- The U.S. Department of Labor released guidance on the federal paid family leave program. This is a new federal policy, which includes tax credits to reimburse small and medium businesses for the cost of paid family leave.
- The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau published a blog post on protecting yourself financially from the impact of coronavirus.
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) published implementation guidance pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA):
- USDA’s COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide is a resource for rural leaders looking for federal funding and partnership opportunities to help address this pandemic.
Paycheck Protection Program
- The Treasury Department issued guidance on the Paycheck Protection Program. Small businesses and eligible nonprofit organizations, veterans organizations, and individuals who are self-employed or independent contractors are eligible if they also meet program size standards. SBA will forgive the portion of the loans used for payroll, rent, utilities, etc. if all employees are kept on payroll for eight weeks. Resources:
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions
- SBA released PPP guidance for individuals with self- employment income who file a Form 1040, Schedule C. This rule also addresses eligibility issues for certain business concerns and requirements for certain pledges of PPP loans.