1985 – KVEA-TV (Telemundo)
To create the most innovative promotions ever executed for the launching of a television station, Carmen and her team created strategic alliances with community organizations, Latin-American consulates, clubs/federations from México in the U.S., sports clubs, churches, government agencies, schools and universities, and other media partners. With the support of these organizations, important programs were created, such as:
- Feria de Michoacán – The first Expo from a Mexican State, took place in Los Angeles, over two days, showcasing the food, crafts, music and government officials from Michoacán. Support from the Governor, Cuahutémoc Cárdenas, the Centro Cultural de Artesanías de Michoacán and the Asociación de Restaurantes de Michoacán was key to make this program possible.
- Concerts – featuring the best talent from México, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Central América and other countries.
Telethons – to support the community.
- Parades – The first television live broadcast in Spanish of the Rose Parade and the East LA Mexican Independence Parade.
- Mañanitas a la Virgen de Guadalupe – The first television live broadcast of the Serenade to the Virgen of Guadalupe at La Placita Olvera in East L.A.
- Literary Contests – organized School District contests throughout different U.S. markets.
1991 – TV Promo International
While at TV Promo International, Carmen served as New Business Director, developing new international accounts, and as Account Director, overseeing the execution of Hispanic programs including budget, licensing, talent participation from Televisa and Fonovisa’s resources, as well as negotiations, management, and performance evaluations of promotional partners.
1992 – Ethnic Marketing Group
In 1992 she co-founded Ethnic Marketing Group, serving clients that empowered women through direct marketing businesses, including Tupperware and Royal Prestige. She actively sought ways of inspiring them to expand not just their business, but also their spirits, and began researching and hiring the best motivational speakers in the industry.
Her passion for our traditions and the importance of social responsibility led her to co-create and co-host two special radio shows: Salvemos Nuestro Planeta, an environmental preservation show with distribution at 175 stations in the U.S. This show was also redistributed by the OAS (Organization of American States) in 400 stations throughout Latin America; and “Cocina Internacional”, a popular cooking show with distribution at 179 station in the U.S. Sponsors included: The Environmental Protection Agency, The National Science Foundation, The U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Army, The US Housing Department, The Alton Jones Foundation, Motel 6, Hormel, La Costeña, Hispanic Scholarship Association and others.
She does not like to be a boss, instead she enjoys training women and men along the way not just in their work, but to be their best, to reach higher.
In 2010, she decided to follow her passion in a more direct way, consolidating the years of successful programs, amazing speakers and women groups she had met, and professionals who shared her passion to create Mujersísimas a collection of experts in fields relevant to women’s lives, giving them a forum where they can share their stories and formula for success to empower others through networking, education and inspiration.
In only a few months, Mujersísimas has captured the imagination of people all over the world. Mujersismas monthly seminars have reached thousands and now have members in 37 countries! The power of women coming together continues to surpass all expectations. Mujersísimas is a work of love and team where differences are celebrated while joining for a common purpose… supporting and celebrating the Mujersísimas of the world.