The Senate Small Business Committee tried to move a package of bills passed by the Committee by Unanimous Consent in the Senate. Due to a number of holds, the package will not move forward. It is possible that individual Senators may try to move pieces of this package by Unanimous Consent for the remainder of this session which wrapping up. Needless to say, we are disappointed – this bill reflected much work from us as your advocates and your organization.
Below is a full list of the legislation that was in the package.
- Small Business Jobs Act of 2016
- S. 967 CLEAR SBA Act- Directed SBA to make lender information publicly available for SBA loans starting with fiscal year 2009.
- S. 999 SBDC Improvement Act- Modernized the SBDC program.
- S. 1000 SCORE for Small Business Act- Reauthorized the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) program until fiscal year 2019.
- S. 1400 Veterans Small Business Enhancement Act-Directed the SBA to provide access to and manage the distribution of excess and surplus property to veteran-owned small businesses.
- S. 1756 Small Business Energy Efficiency Act- Enabled a state development company to provide loans to small businesses to achieve savings through energy efficiency.
- S. 2116 Small Business Broadband & Emerging Information Technology Enhancement Act- Created a position at SBA for a broadband and emerging information technology coordinator to assist small businesses.
- S. 2126 Women’s Small Business Ownership Act- Reauthorized the Women’s Business Center program.
- S. 2138 Small Business Subcontracting Transparency Act- Provided clarification on what is considered good faith by prime contractor to utilize small businesses.
- S. 2139 Small Contractors Improve Competition Act- Prohibit the use of reverse auctions under certain circumstances.
- S. 2838 Small Business Transforming America’s Regions Act- Extended the redesignation period in the HUBZone program from 3-7 years and created a pilot program to enable governors to petition the SBA to create additional HUBZone areas.
- S. 2846 Small Business Innovation Protection Act- Directed SBA and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to work together to educate small businesses on domestic and international patents.
- S. 2850 Microloan Modernization Act- Eliminated the 25/75 rule for technical assistance grants made by the SBA Microloan program.
- S. 2992 Small Business Lending Oversight Act-Strengthened the SBA Office of Credit Risk Management and their ability to conduct lending oversight of the 7(a) loan program.
- S. 3009 National Guard Reserve Entrepreneurship Support Act- Updated National Guard MREIDL and Repayment Deferral options to ensure there are no implements for the National Guard to utilize the program.
- S. 3024 Small Business Cyber Security Act- Authorized SBDCs to offer cyber security support to small businesses.