There are more than 28 million small business owners and self-employed individuals in the United States. Together, they are members of a crucial constituency that must be reached to deliver on the promise of the ACA and successfully expand healthcare coverage. Small business owners and the self-employed need to know how the ACA will bring down costs, create a greater choice of insurance options, and the opportunities it offers to expand coverage. Below is a list of resources Small Business Majority has available to small business owners and the self-employed on health reform.
- What’s in Healthcare Reform for Small Businesses
- What’s in Healthcare Reform for Women-Owned Small Businesses
- Small Business Tax Credit Calculator
- Actual Factual Information about Healthcare Reform: Interactive guide on what healthcare reform will mean for the small business community published by Ascension Health and Small Business Majority.
- Healthcare Reform FAQ
- SHOPping Around: Information for small businesses and a roadmap for states on setting up a SHOP exchange published by Center for American Progress and Small Business Majority.
- Striving for a Healthier America Through Availability and Uptake of Workplace Wellness Programs in the Small Business Community: Summary of challenges and opportunities for implementation of workplace wellness programs in the small business community published by Trust for America’s Health and Small Business Majority.
- Health Coverage Guide: Available in English and Spanish, this guide includes everything small busines owners and their advisors need to know about offering health insurance.
- Small Business Majority Healthcare Research: Small Business Majority conducts scientific and opinion research to provide small business owners, advocates, policymakers with the information they need to navigate through complex healthcare-related issues.
- Healthcare Policy: Track federal steps toward full implementation in 2014 here.
- Small Business Majority Blog: Stay updated on issues affecting the small business community.