In this Must Know…
Webinar: Tech Tools for TA
Join us for our Third Thursday Webinar, “Tech Tools for TA,” on January 16, 2020 at 2:00pm PST.
We start the year off with two tech-y tools that CAMEO is making available to its members who do business assistance and want to reach more clients, more efficiently.
Our friends from Samaschool have a new virtual class for gig workers and will explain how you can participate. Hint: it’s easy.
Then GrowthWheel will demo its software. There’s a possibility CAMEO would consider aggregating our members onto the platform.
And don’t forget to check out our food business webinars in partnership with NALCAB!
2020 MicroLenders Forum
Join us on March 11, 2020 for this year’s MicroLenders Forum, one of our favorite events where we bring our lenders together to network, get ideas, and build capacity. This year, there will be something for everyone – from new staff to CEOs.
In the morning we will discuss growth strategies from different lender perspectives. Then in the afternoon, we’re going to split the groups into C-level and staff to talk about partnerships and capacity building.
Start Us Up Coalition
The Start Us Up Coalition is a new initiative formed by members from the private and nonprofit sectors, with the goal of leveling the playing field for all entrepreneurs.
The coalition offers a bipartisan roadmap that policymakers can follow to create more jobs and strengthen entrepreneurship through four pillars: Opportunity, Funding, Knowledge, and Support.
Prof. Development & Resources
- Join Opportunity Finance Network’s free webinar, “CDFI Friendly Cities: Smaller Communities Helping CDFIs Invest” on January 14, 2020 at 10:00am PST.
- SBA Office of Advocacy released a fact sheet on the growth in number of rural business establishments.
- Condolences to SBA San Francisco District Office who recently lost colleague Michael Chong.
- The Senate has voted to confirm Jovita Carranza as the new SBA Administrator. CAMEO signed a coalition letter in support of the nomination.
- For Your Clients: Alameda SBDC is hosting a 4-part webinar series on Artisan & Packaged Food Business, starting January 13, 2020 at 3:00pm PST.
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, C.O.O.K. Alliance, and South San Diego SBDC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!