In this Must Know…
- Join us TODAY at 12:00pm PST for for the access to capital webinar of “Cooking Up Success” – “Growing Your Clients’ Food Businesses.”
- Membership Changes
- Must Know: Spread The Word
- Join us on March 11, 2020 for the 2020 MicroLenders Forum in San Francisco.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Responsible Business Lending Coalition’s statement on the proposed implementation of SB 1235.
Growing Your Clients’ Food Businesses
For growth, businesses need capital. Non-profit CDFI business lenders play a critical role in meeting Latino and immigrant entrepreneurs’ capital needs. We’ll look at some of the resources available that can help food businesses grow and find markets and learn more about the critical connection between capital and place-based sustainability.
Over the last two years, we’ve conducted more regional meetings, webinars, training, programs, and advocacy – much of it at no cost to you. We’ve also heard from you that our advocacy efforts rate highly on what you value about CAMEO.
As a result, we are increasing our membership dues (something we haven’t done in more than five years) and adding two new levels that will ensure our advocacy efforts continue and strengthen. See all the levels and membership benefits on our website.
Must Know: Spread The Word
Do you have any colleagues who would be interested in staying up-to-date on all the news coming from the micro and small business sector? Let them know about the Must Know!
The Must Know is a curated source of information about funding, research, resources, and partnerships for the micro and small business field. For the month of February, we’re asking our readers to invite three friends to sign up. Help spread the word.
- SBA is accepting grant applications for a new WBC in the Los Angeles area. Applications are due February 27, 2020.
- The Wells Fargo Works for Small Business: Diverse Community Capital program distributes capital to CDFIs that serve diverse small businesses. Submissions are due on March 10, 2020.
- The Responsible Business Lending Coalition released a statement on the proposed implementation of SB 1235.
- Independent Sector released a resource compiling each presidential candidate’s policy positions with regards to the nonprofit sector.
- Agility Recovery has two pandemic planning resources for small businesses: a seasonal influenza preparedness checklist and a pandemic tabletop exercise.
- Prosperity Now released a Communicating on Race and Racial Economic Equity Guide.
- Member Kudos: Congrats to Emily Gasner who is a new member of the Working Solutions board of directors.
- Pacific Community Ventures, Los Angeles Food Policy Council, and PACE LA, announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!