- Celebrate National Veterans Small Business Week and Veteran’s Day
- Join our Global Cash Analysis webinar on November 15, 2018
- Submit your comments on the OCC’s proposed changes to the CRA
- CAMEO members that complete the microTracker Census by tomorrow, November 9 will receive $100 toward lunch for their staff (and FIELD is offering a gift card raffle)
- Please fill out the survey on GoBiz‘s Technical Assistance Expansion Program if you applied for the state money.
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is to help your clients get ready for Small Business Saturday on November 24, 2018.
Celebrating National Veterans Small Business Week
This week is National Veterans Small Business Week and Veteran’s Day. We’re honoring our veteran entrepreneurs with the story of Joshica Kiah, an Air Force veteran and founder of Joshica Beauty:
Global Cash Analysis Webinar: A Microlending Essential
CAMEO Comments on CRA Changes
- Join CalNonprofits and Stockton mayor Michael Tubbs for their California Policy Forum webinar on November 13, 2018, at 11:00 am PT.
- Prosperity Now will introduce their new Financial Coaching Program Design Guide with this webinar on November 14, 2018, at 3:00 pm ET.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab’s Nonprofit Institute will take place in Los Angeles on January 15, 2019.
- The Social Enterprise Academy helps nonprofits generate revenue through charitable ventures. Classes start in January 2019 and applications are due November 12, 2018.
- Check out FIELD’s new website filled with reports, data, and microbusiness news.
- The Center for Responsible Lending released a documentary on South Dakota’s fight to end triple-digit payday interest rates.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting a webinar on how to boost your business through media on November 15, 2018, at 3:00 pm ET.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a series of free webinars to explain how the changes to the ACA affect small businesses.
- The new CalSavers website is now live!
- American Express’ Shop Small Studio has a host of customizable marketing materials to get ready for Small Business Saturday.
- Member Kudos: The Runway Project, Uptima Business Bootcamp, and Self-Help Federal Credit Union are featured in this SF Chronicle story on business assistance for black entrepreneurs.
- Member Kudos: 3CORE just signed up forCalSavers because they believe it is an important first step to allow employees to save for their future!
- Member News: West Company is now West Business Development Center.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, JEDI, California Farmlink, Cutting Edge Capital, and Chinatown Service Center are hiring!