In This Must Know…
Upcoming CAMEO Events
Who said summer months were slow ones? We have a lot lined up the next few weeks for you to join:
- Food Incubator Meetup August 25, 2022 at 12:00pm PT
- MicroLenders Forum September 15, 2022 from 9:30am PT to 3:30pm PT
- Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture, Businesses, Sept-ember 27-November 15, 2022
- SBA Microloan Program Basics 101 on September 28th, 2022 at 12:00pm to 1:30pm PT. to learn about the benefits of becoming an intermediary lender in the SBA Microloan Program.
COVID Impact on Women’s Biz
A California Statewide report on the Covid-19 impact on Women-Owned Businesses shows that since March 2020, women-owned/led businesses have faced significant disadvantages compared to men-owned/led businesses in accessing critical resources for sustainability and success. Women of color and primary caregivers (predominantly women) particularly benefited less from available funding than other groups as well as juggling greater non-work related demands on their time. Read more on the findings in the full report.
Federal Reserve Survey
In 2021, the Federal Reserve System conducted a survey to better understand the range of challenges facing under-resourced communities as an effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. The findings are available in Perspectives from Main Street: The Impact of COVID-19 on Communities and the Entities Serving Them.
In 2022, the Federal Reserve System and several national partners are again fielding this survey. Help fill out the survey by August 31, 2022.
- New report from SBA: The Impacts of COVID-19 on Racial Disparities in Small Business Earnings.
For Your Clients
- Join Bet Tzedek for Independent Contractor vs. Employee on August 30, 2022 at 5:00pm PT.
- Jobs: El Pajaro CDC, Southwestern College, NCRC, Accessity, BCIF, RUNWAY, Shareable, and Greenlining announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!