In this Must Know…
- Take our survey on California’s State Funding
- Global Cash Analysis, A Microlending Essential Webinar
- Remind your clients about the Federal Reserve Credit Survey
- CAMEO members that complete the microTracker Census by November 9 will receive $100 toward lunch for their staff (and FIELD is offering a gift card raffle.)
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is next week’s election. Vote. Check out CalNonprofits tips and resources to encourage voting.
Survey on California’s State Funding
GoBiz has allocated $17 million in new funding to business assistance centers serving traditionally underserved businesses, a group of organizations that includes 71 CAMEO members. Congratulations to those of you who received funding! Whether you received funds or not, we would love to hear your thoughts about the process – both positive and negative.
Global Cash Analysis: A Microlending Essential
While some microlenders are willing to lend based on projections, many look at current cash availability to determine debt service capacity. Susan Brown reviews how microlenders look at cash flow when assessing a borrower’s loan request. Register for this interactive Microlending Essentials webinar on November 15, 2018, at 2:00 pm.
Federal Reserve Credit Survey
CAMEO is partnering with the Federal Reserve to conduct a Small Business Credit Survey for both pre-start and existing businesses, and we’d like your clients to participate. This short survey will take approximately 9 minutes and will ask about business conditions, financing needs, and credit experiences. The survey closes December 8, 2018. Please ask your clients to complete it.
- Free Training: The CRC will be doing a training on how to fight back to defend the CRA on November 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm PST.
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) will host two workshops – Credit Risk and Operational Risk Workshop – in San Francisco on November 6-7, 2018.
CALED is hosting a webinar on California Opportunity Zones on November 7, 2018, at 1:00 pm.
Free Webinar: Prosperity Now will introduce their new Financial Coaching Program Design Guide on November 14, 2018, at 3:00 pm ET.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab’s Nonprofit Institute will take place in Oakland on November 8, 2018, and in L.A. on January 15, 2019.
- The Social Enterprise Academy helps nonprofits generate revenue through charitable ventures. Classes start in January 2019 and applications are due November 12, 2018.
- Read Opportunity Finance Network’s blog post, What New Opportunity Zones Tax Incentives May Mean for CDFIs.
- Read Prosperity Now’s report on how last year’s federal tax law exacerbates the racial wealth gap.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting a series of free webinars to explain how the changes to the ACA affect small businesses.
- The new CalSavers website is now live!
- American Express’ Shop Small Studio’ has a host of customizable marketing materials to get ready for Small Business Saturday.
- Take Action: CalNonprofits has tips and resources to encourage voting in your community.
- Member Kudos: Congrats to CDC Small Business Finance for 40 years and $18.4 billion in small business loans.
- In the News: State Regulators Sue to Block FinTech Charters.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, JEDI, California Farmlink, Cutting Edge Capital, and Chinatown Service Center are hiring!