Please whitelist @microbiz.org and no
-email@example.com to continue to ensure CAMEO emails do not go to your spam folder.
In this Must Know…
- DBO Regulations Are Out for Truth-In-Lending
- Upcoming Regional Member Meetings
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO – Connections
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Pacific Western Bank’s grant program for CDFIs.
DBO Regulations Are Out for Truth-In-Lending
The California Department of Business Oversight published their draft regulation language for the truth-in-business-lending law that was passed last year with CAMEO’s advocacy and your help.
The proposed regulations codify a business owner’s right to transparent pricing and terms, as outlined in the Small Business Borrowers’ Bill of Rights. Many suggestions from the comment letter sent in by CAMEO and the Responsible Business Lending Coalition were included, such as the proposal that APR or Estimated APR be disclosed for all small business financing products.
We look forward to working with our colleagues and DBO to strengthen the regulations even further.
To learn more, read the RBLC’s statement on the draft regulations.
Regional Member Meetings
We are busy this month with several regional member meetings, where we update our members on all that’s brewing at CAMEO as well as get your feedback on how we can better support you. Upcoming meetings are:
- NorCal Coastal Member Meeting on August 8, 2019
- San Diego Member Meeting on August 9, 2019
- Bay Area Member Meeting onAugust 20, 2019
- Inland Empire Member Meeting on September 12, 2019
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
As we reflect on our 25 years of work in the sector, every week we’ll be highlighting one of the 25 reasons (or more!) to value CAMEO.
Reason #19: CAMEO connects members with each other through networking events such as regional meetings and other annual member events like our MicroLenders Forum and Advocacy Day.
- Join CALED and MMANC for a symposium on Cultivating Economic Development Through Connection + Community, Wednesday, August 14, 2019 in Danville, CA.
- CAED’s Memorial Scholarship Fund helps people receive economic development training or certifications. Scholarships are available until funding is depleted.
For Your Clients
- USC Marshall School of Business has a grants program for social enterprises seeking growth capital. Applications must be submitted before August 2nd, 2019.
- Small Business Majority is hosting the webinar, “How to Prepare Your Business for Natural Disaster: Earthquakes” onAugust 8, 2019 at 1:00 pm PT.
- JEDE’s “Fast Facts on the California Economy” has been updated with 2018 GDP and May 2019 unemployment data.”
- Asset Funders Network released a new brief that explores how the gender wealth gap impacts women and provides responsive strategies and best practices to create greater economic security for women.
- Funding Opportunity: Pacific Western Bank’s Motivating Sustainable Communities program is making special grants available to address specific community needs, and is inviting CDFIs to submit their proposals. Deadline isSeptember 30, 2019.
- Jobs: MEDA, FHL Bank of San Francisco, and Renaissance announced new jobs recently. See who else ishiring!