- Register for our MicroLending Essentials and Training Independent Entrepreneurs for Success programs.
- Join our webinar – Online Learning for Micro Business TA on January 17, 2019.
- What does the federal government shutdown mean for us?
- SBA offers low-interest federal disaster loans to California businesses and residents affected by the wildfires.
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight are MEDA’s customized Viva! trainings for nonprofits.
Training, Training, Training
CAMEO’s Susan Brown developed a training that will help your staff think like a lender so that your referrals experience a higher rate of success. Register now for MicroLending Essentials in Los Angeles on February 20-21, 2019.
And More Training
Federal Government Shutdown
- Beginning on January 1, 2019, the Employment Development Department (EDD) will be assessing penalties on businesses which do not electronically file certain tax forms.
- The Specialty Food Business Summit takes place on April 7-9, 2019 in Chicago. It is the ultimate conference for building a specialty food or beverage company.
- MEDA’s Viva! trainings provide customized training and technical assistance for nonprofit organizations. Applications due January 11, 2019.
- Greenlining is now accepting applications for their Summer Associate and Fellowship programs. Deadline to apply is March 3, 2019.
- The California Community Development Institute will be hosted at Fresno State on April 2-5, 2018.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
- New Report: The Democracy At Work Institute and the U.S. Federation of Worker Cooperatives released a report on worker-owned businesses in the United States.
- Jobs: AnewAmerica, Kiva US, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Opportunity Finance Network, Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, California Budget & Policy Center, Mission Community Services Corporation, Credit Builders Alliance, Santa Cruz SBDC, and Women’s Economic Ventures are hiring!