In this Must Know…
- Register for the webinar “Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates” on April 18, 2019 at 2:00 pm.
- 25 reasons we value CAMEO
- Take Action during the April recess
- Join us at the 2019 MicroLenders Forum on April 23, 2019 in San Francisco.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Robert Villarreal’s testimony at a Senate Small Business Committee hearing on SBA Reauthorization.
Webinar: Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates
Join us for this month’s Third Thursday Webinar – “Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates” on April 18, 2018 at 2:00 pm.
With so much going on in Washington and Sacramento, we have gathered our policy friends to keep you informed of all the excitement. This webinar will prep you for our Advocacy Day later in the spring when we will advocate in Sacramento for small and micro-business issues. Get training on how best to conduct your meeting, what to say and be briefed on the issues.
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
As we reflect on our 25 years of work in the sector, we are highlighting 25 reasons (or more!) to value CAMEO.
Reason #3: CAMEO develops programs that respond to members’ needs for training and other capacity building, such as our seminars and monthly webinars.
P.S. If you’re interested in sponsoring our West Coast Micro Business Conference in September, please reach out to Carolina.
Take Action: April Recess
Congress goes on recess from April 15-27, 2019. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to engage with lawmakers in your home district and advocate and promote our vision of economic opportunity for all entrepreneurs.
Download our April recess packet which includes tips on how best to reach your legislators and topics to talk about, as well as the list of CAMEO’s appropriations requests and formal letters to the Chairs and Ranking Members of the FSGG and Agricultural subcommittees.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City released a report titled “Black Women Business Startups” that aims to increase policymakers and economic developers’ understanding of this group of business owners.
- SBA’s Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet titled “Small Business Facts: Spotlight on Women-Owned Employer Businesses.”
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is looking for anonymous stories from real small business owners who have had to deal with predatory lending practices in the past. Make sure to let them know you heard about it from CAMEO.
- SBA announced the launch of the 2019 Emerging Leaders Initiative for executives of small businesses in emerging markets.
- JP Morgan Chase’s PRO Neighborhoods Competition will make investments up to $5 million to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that come together with a comprehensive, strategic vision for the community. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2019.
- Members Taking Action: Last week, Robert Villarreal, EVP of CDC Small Business Finance, testified at a Senate Small Business Committee hearing on SBA Reauthorization.
- Jobs: California FarmLink, Renaissance, and Feed The Hunger announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!