In this Must Know…
- CAMEO publishes “The Need for an Equitable Small Business Recovery”
- Join our webinar, “Connect with Small Businesses Seeking TA” on March 8, 2023 at 2:00 pm PST.
- Join our Strategic Management Framework Course Series from March 15 to April 5, 2023.
- CAMEO in the news: Carolina was interviewed by CBS Los Angeles for a story on Latina business owner Diana Diaz and her entrepreneur collective, Goddess Mercado Boutique.
- CAMEO is hiring a VP of Finance and Operations!
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is CalNonprofits’ Compensation & Benefits Survey.
The Need for An Equitable Small Business Recovery
The pandemic was not kind to business owners of color. A McKinsey analysis found that “4% of businesses run by black Americans are still in business after 3.5 years compared with the national average of 55.5%.” As we move deeper into the recovery phase, we must understand that some businesses, including many socially and economically disadvantaged businesses, remain in the relief phase. The past two years have also seen record numbers of businesses start, especially by business owners of color.
Investing in small businesses is a priority; and investing in BIPOC businesses and their owners is an imperative.
To this end, CAMEO has released a white paper detailing California’s small business response from 2021-2022 as well as an advocacy toolkit to push for investments in the entrepreneurial ecosystems and policy moves that put us closer to an equitable recovery.
Webinar: Connect with Small Businesses Seeking TA
Connect2Capital (C2C) has built a portal for small business development organizations to connect with entrepreneurs searching for loans and/or technical assistance.
On March 8, 2023 at 2:00 pm PST, CAMEO will be hosting a webinar with Charlotte White Canter, Program Manager for C2C. Charlotte will take us through the new portal and answer any questions for those of you interested in providing TA/business services to applicants.
Strategic Management Framework Courses for CDFIs
We are very excited to see the first major track of the National CDFI Academy come to fruition. Our Strategic Management Framework Courses will take place from March 15 through April 5, 2023 as a four-course series.
The first course, Overview of a CDFI Strategic Management Framework, is offered as a standalone course as well.
- Participate in CalNonprofits’ Compensation & Benefits Survey for Northern and Southern California. The deadline is March 10, 2023.
- Sign on to this letter to request $50 million for CalOSBA to develop an inclusive procurement program to help underserved small businesses take advantage of contracting opportunities.
- Join the California Office of the Small Business Advocate’s Policy Day Webinar on March 9, 2023 at 1:30 pm PST.
- Join AEO’s Annual Membership Meeting on March 17, 2023 at 9:30 am PST.
- Jobs: CAMEO, PACE, CIELO, Renaissance, Accessity, and CIBC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!