In this Must Know…
- Take the CAMEO Member Survey by May 29, 2019, for a chance to win a gift basket courtesy of El Pajaro’s Kitchen Incubator.
- Join us for the webinar “Cybersecurity: Mitigating Risks for Microenterprises” on May 23, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
- Register for Advocacy Day on June 4, 2019, in Sacramento.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is USDA’s B&I Loan Guarantee Program.
Take The CAMEO Member Survey
As part of CAMEO’s 25th Anniversary celebration, Carolina and the board are looking strategically at where CAMEO should go in the next 25 years… well, maybe the next 5. CAMEO wants to continue to add value to the sector and improve member services.
To do that, the CAMEO team is looking to you, our members for input and conducting the 2019 CAMEO Member Survey. If you fill out 75% or more of this survey by May 29, 2019, you will be entered in a drawing for a gift basket, donated by El Pajaro’s Kitchen Incubator courtesy of Carmen Herrera, a board member. The survey takes about 10-12 minutes to complete. THANK YOU for participating!
Third Thursday Webinar
Join us for “Cybersecurity: Mitigating Risks for Microenterprises” on May 23, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
We love technology. It helps us do so many things more efficiently. But it’s not immune to crime. Nationally, cybersecurity incidents increased about 12 fold from around 5,500 in 2006 to more than 70,000 today. Join CAMEO board member Jesse Torres and a panel of experts who will help us navigate the cyber world safely.
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
As we reflect on our 25 years of work in the sector, we are highlighting 25 reasons (or more!) you value CAMEO.
Reason #7: Through various channels, CAMEO informs the public and media about small business and business assistance facts and figures.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Small Business Finance Forum on June 18-19, 2019 in Chicago.
- Take the Federal Reserve’s 2019 CDFI Survey today!
Research & Funding
- LISC published a report that analyses the CDFI industry and its trajectory of social impact investing.
- USDA’s B&I Loan Guarantee program is a fantastic stand-alone tool for lenders working to support rural businesses.
- Congrats to Main Street Launch for securing a $2 million investment from Wells Fargo to support African American entrepreneurs.
- NextCity has a new feature on place-based investing, highlighting the work Pacific Community Ventures has been doing thanks to an investment from the Federal Home Loans Bank.
- For Your Clients: Small Business Majority is hosting a free interactive presentation: “Life Pro Tip for Small Business: Paying Yourself and Your Employees” on May 14, 2019, at 12:00 pm PT.
- Jobs: Uptima Business Bootcamp, CalSavers, and Alameda County SBDC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!