- Take Action for State Investment in YOU!
- Take the CAMEO Member Survey by May 29, 2019 for a chance to win a gift basket courtesy of El Pajaro’s Kitchen Incubator.
- Join us for the webinar “Cybersecurity: Mitigating Risk for Microenterprises” TODAY at 2:00 pm.
- Register for Advocacy Day on June 4, 2019 in Sacramento.
- Reason #9 for why you love CAMEO: We connect job seekers with job openings in the micro sector.
- This week’s Goodie highlight: Congress goes on recess next week. Reach out to your legislators!
Need Your Letters for State Investment
This week, California State Senator Anna Caballero submitted a budget request for a $5 million appropriation to GO-Biz for small business technical assistance that mirrors last week’s request from the Assembly JEDE Committee. The money will fund programs that include the Small Business Technical Assistance Program and Small Business Finance Center; most of the awards last year went to CAMEO members. Please submit a letter of support before May 29, 2019. Email PDF versions to JEDE@asm.ca.gov. They will log and deliver your letters to the Budget Committees.
Because Sacramento is hopping, we’ve updated our post “CAMEO Weighs in on State Policy“ with new info.
CAMEO Member Survey
CAMEO wants to continue to add value to the sector and improve member services. To do that, the CAMEO team is looking to you, our members for input and conducting the 2019 CAMEO Member Survey. If you fill out 75% or more of this survey by May 29, 2019, you will be entered in a drawing for a gift basket, donated by El Pajaro’s Kitchen Incubator courtesy of Carmen Herrera, a board member. The survey takes about 10-12 minutes to complete. THANK YOU for participating!
Cybersecurity Webinar TODAY
There’s still time to join TODAY’s webinar, “Cybersecurity: Mitigating Risks for Microenterprises” at 2:00 pm.
We love technology. It helps us do so many things more efficiently. But it’s not immune to crime. Nationally, cybersecurity incidents increased about 12 fold from around 5,500 in 2006 to more than 70,000 today. Join CAMEO board member Jesse Torres and a panel of experts who will help us navigate the cyber world safely.
- LURN and the LA Street Vendor Campaign is holding an informational webinar about implementation of street vending policies on May 30, 2019, at 10:00 am.
- Join Small Business Majority for a Train-the-Trainer Webinar about CalSavers on June 4, 2019at 10:00 am PT.
- SB 1343 requires organizations with 5 or more paid staff to train employees on sexual harassment issues. The required training has to be completed by the end of this year.
- SBA is looking for women business owners to participate in product beta testing of their new online learning platform.
- The San Francisco Business Times has recognized PCV’s Mary Jo Cook as one of their2019 “Most Influential Women in Business.”
- The Aspen Institute profiled Opportunity Fund’s founder Eric Weaver as one of their 2018-2019 “Job Quality Fellows.”
- Take Action: Visit/call federal legislators during next week’s break. Download the May 2019 Recess Alert.
- Jobs: ICA Fund Good Jobs, NorCal SBDC, Uptima Business Bootcamp, and CalSavers announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!