In This Must Know…
- Take Action: Submit a comment letter on the overhaul of CRA
- Join us on Friday, August 5, 2022 from 9:00-10:00am PT for a Food Incubator Meetup
- CAMEO In The News: Carolina has recently been featured in Forbes and GOBankingRates
- CAMEO is looking for a Digital Literacy and Fluency expert – download the RFP! The deadline is tomorrow, July 29!
- Join us for Uplevel Your Online Training for Inclusivity, August 10-11 & 17-18, 2022!
- Registration is open for our MicroLenders Forum on September 15, 2022!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to join OFN for their Invest In Change conference October 18-21, 2022. CAMEO will be there!
Take Action: CRA Comments
The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) passed in 1977 to end redlining or discrimination in lending and required banks to meet the credit needs of the communities where they do business. We know the discrimination problem is not solved
The public comment period is open for feedback on the historic overhaul of CRA rules proposed by federal regulators in early May 2022. CAMEO submitted a comment letter. Feel free to edit this letter (on your letterhead) or a sample one provided by NCRC.
The deadline for comments is August 5, 2022. The NCRC link has more info on where to send and social media toolkits if you keep scrolling.
Food Incubator Meetup
Do you have a food incubator or in the process of starting one?
CAMEO has been approached to convene an affinity group for the food incubator space- which means we get to combine two of our favorite things – our members and food!
Join us on Friday, August 5, 2022 from 9:00-10:00am PT for the first meetup of CAMEO food incubators. Meet others in the space, swap ideas and best practices, and discuss how this meet up might further your organizational goals going forward.
CAMEO Media Hits
Share her recent LinkedIn post!
- From OFN: What Climate Change and Banks’ Net Zero Targets Mean for CDFIs.
- Senatorsa Schumer and Manchin announced that they have reached a deal on a reconciliation package.