In this Must Know…
Climate + Small Biz Summer School
Join us next week for CAMEO’s Climate + Small Biz Summer School: Integrating the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to the Climate Economy.
Part I: Why Does Climate Resiliency Matter to the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem? is on July 26, 2023 at 11:00 am PT. Neda Arabshahi, VP of the Inclusiv Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy, will explain why it’s important that small businesses integrate a response into their business model, what has been done in other states, where there are gaps, and the components of an entrepreneurial ecosystem that embraces the climate economy. You can register for the full four-part series or choose which individual session(s) to attend.
2022 CAMEO Impact Census
Take the Survey.
In 2022, we successfully advocated for ecosystem investments of $105.5 million, more than a 50% increase from 2021.
CAMEO’s Impact Census collects the data that fuels our advocacy. We cannot advocate successfully without you!
Please send us your 2022 data by filling out this membership survey by August 1, 2023.
Small Business Profiles for Major Metropolitan Areas
The SBA Office of Advocacy launched a new series, the Small Business Profiles for Major Metropolitan Areas.
The following California metro areas are included in the profile for the West region:
- Los Angeles-Long-Beach-Anaheim
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario
- San Diego-Chula Vista-Carlsbad
- San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara
CAMEO in the News
- CEO Carolina Martinez wrote a Forbes column explaining the need for a federal law that protects small businesses from predatory lenders.
- CAMEO got a shoutout from Los Angeles entrepreneur Diana Diaz in this interview with Go Banking Rates.
- $162.9B in federal contracts went to small businesses in FY22, an all-time high.
- The Aspen Institute’s Joyce Klein wrote about the benefits of implementing Section 1071 of the Dodd-Frank Act for The Hill.
- The Federal Reserve’s “Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households in 2022″ report examines the financial lives of U.S. adults and their families.
- “The State of Diverse Businesses in California” shares insights on the economic, fiscal, and social impact of the state’s diverse small business community.
- For Your Clients: The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Small Business Contracting Symposium takes place August 23, 2023 in Rancho Cordova, CA.
- Jobs: RUNWAY, the WBC at JEDI, and the Treasury Department announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!