In this Must Know…
- Strategic Management Framework Courses for CDFIs
- Staffing Changes: Goodbye and Hello (We’re Hiring)
- Survey for Nonprofit Lenders
- ICYMI: Carolina was featured in this NerdWallet article on how to qualify for a business loan.
- ICYMI: The recording of last week’s Legislative Staff Briefing is now available in the FREE section of CAMEO Academy.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is a U.S. Census Bureau report on how the self-care industry changed during the pandemic.
Strategic Management Framework Courses for CDFIs
Last fall, at the Clinton Global Initiative 2022 Meeting, CAMEO made a commitment to develop and launch a National CDFI Academy that would provide professional training and resources to thousands of CDFI staff members across the country.
We are very excited to see the first major track of the National CDFI Academy come to fruition. Our Strategic Management Framework Courses will take place from March 15 through April 5, 2023 as a four-course series. The first course, Overview of a CDFI Strategic Management Framework, is offered as a standalone course as well.
Staffing Changes: Goodbye and Hello
We extend a fond farewell to Rezhe’ Connelly, our Special Projects and Operations Coordinator. Rezhe’ is leaving us to delve deeper into her real estate business. We appreciate her contributions to CAMEO and wish her success.
CAMEO is also hiring! We are looking for a VP of Finance and Operations. Please help us spread the word.
Are You A Nonprofit Lender? Take This Survey
CBA Fund, Credit Builders Alliance’s CDFI intermediary, is creating a bootcamp training program for nonprofit lenders to offer small dollar consumer loans (SDCLs) with a grant from the Citi Foundation Community Finance Innovation Fund.
CBA Fund is inviting nonprofit lenders to complete a short survey to learn about their experience and interest in offering SDCLs. Respondents can be entered into a lottery to win a $50 Visa gift card. The survey closes February 28, 2023.
Events & Conferences
- Take Action: Sign on to this letter to request $50 million for CalOSBA to develop an inclusive procurement program to help underserved small businesses take advantage of contracting opportunities.
- Jobs: CAMEO, Renaissance, Accessity, and CIBC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!