In this Must Know…
- Join our informational session TODAY at 3:00pm PT to learn more about CAMEO’s application to the SSBCI Technical Assistance Capital Readiness Program.
- Join the CAMEO Annual Member Meeting on December 12, 2023 at 12:00pm.
- Check out our 2023 Holiday Gift Guide Roundup.
- Carolina offers small business finance advice in Forbes’ latest column on financial planning startup success.
- Check out our Events Calendar for CAMEO’s member meetings happening next week!
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is OFN’s December 7 webinar focused on CDFIs and MDIs’ participation in the PPP.
Today: California SSBCI TA Program Info Session
CalOSBA released an RFP for the SSBCI Technical Assistance for Capital Readiness Program 2023, due on December 22, 2023. CAMEO is applying for the Capital Readiness Network Manager role that will unify messaging, outreach and engagement, data collection, and program management across the selected network.
Join us for an informational session TODAY at 3:00pm PT to learn how you can participate in our application as a partner.
Please note: this program is exclusive to California organizations. Out-of-state members can also take advantage of federal SSBCI funding. Learn more at the US Treasury website.
2023 Annual Member Meeting
2023 has been a pivotal year for CAMEO – great things are happening and we are thrilled to share them with you, our members!
Join our Annual Member Meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2023 at 12:00pm. During the meeting, we’ll:
- Give you the rundown on current and upcoming programs
- Introduce you to new CAMEO staff
- Share updates and info to help you make the most of your CAMEO membership
2023 Holiday Gift Guide Roundup
The holidays can be a make-or-break season for many small businesses who depend on foot traffic and gift shopping.
Every year, CAMEO collects a list of holiday gift guides and events from our members and partners to offer a variety of options to choose from when buying gifts for your loved ones while supporting micro businesses and entrepreneurs. If you’d like us to feature your guide or event, please contact Daniela Fernandez-Ulen.
- Read Asset Funders Network’s recent brief, Small Independent Landlords: At the Intersection of Affordable Housing and Business Ownership Strategies.
- Accion Opportunity Fund recently published Empowering Excellence: Building Ecosystems for Black Entrepreneurs.
- The IEDC’s webinar on December 4, 2023 at 11:30am PT will analyze how to increase access to capital for Latino entrepreneurs.
- Join OFN and the National Bankers Association on December 7, 2023 at 9:00am PT for a webinar focused on CDFIs and MDIs’ participation in the PPP.
- The CDFI Fund is holding a FY2024 Capital Magnet Fund Pre-Application Webinar on December 6, 2023 at 11:00am PT.
- The DOE Communities LEAP program matches selected communities with technical assistance providers who assist them with bringing their clean energy planning and economic development vision to life. Deadline to apply is December 14, 2023.
- Take Action: Let the OMB know you support their proposed change to a 15% minimum overhead rate for government grants with nonprofits that involve federal dollars. The deadline to submit comments is December 4, 2023.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Mandela Partners, and The Democracy Collaborative announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!