In this Must Know…
- Celebrate National Small Business Week
- Join us for Advocacy Day on June 4, 2019, in Sacramento.
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s free interactive presentation series on pro tips for small business owners.
Small Business Week Is Almost Here!
It’s that time of the year to celebrate all things small business! From May 5-11, 2019, SBA and many others will hold activities to celebrate small businesses and raise awareness of the hard work that they do – work that powers our economy and drives innovation forward. Take a look at California’s small business profile by SBA.
We’ve put together a running list of events – both national and local – that will be taking place throughout the week. To include your organization’s events, email Daniela with the information.
Happy Small Business Week!
Advocacy Day Is Back On!
Join us June 4, 2019, for CAMEO’s first-ever Advocacy Day in Sacramento.
This year we’ll discuss state funding, responsible business lending, and other small and micro business issues that are bubbling up in Sacramento and Washington, DC.
We have a great group of speakers lined up, including Isabel Guzman, Director of the Office of Small Business Advocate for Go-Biz. Don’t miss it!
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
Our advocacy efforts are also one of the 25 reasons (or more!) you value CAMEO.
Reason #6: CAMEO successfully advocates for policy that brings resources to our members. We know how crucial funding is to your work, so we’ll be discussing this and other important topics on Advocacy Day later this month.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Small Business Finance Forum on June 18-19, 2019 in Chicago.
- Take the Federal Reserve’s 2019 CDFI Survey today!
Research & Funding
- LISC published a report that analyses the CDFI industry and its trajectory of social impact investing.
- The deadline to submit form SF-424 for those applying for the CDFI and NACA programs is TOMORROW, May 3, 2019.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting the webinar “How to Spot a Predatory Loan” on May 9, 2019, at 10:00 am PT.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a free interactive presentation: “Life Pro Tip for Small Business: Paying Yourself and Your Employees” on May 14, 2019, at 12:00 pm PT.