- Small Business Saturday 2018 was a success!
- Ask your clients to fill out the Federal Reserve’s Small Business Credit Survey by December 21, 2018.
- Please fill out this survey – GoBiz‘s Technical Assistance Expansion Program– by December 10, 2018.
- Don’t forget to register for our Microlending Essentials program in Los Angeles on February 20-21, 2019.
- SBA is making low-interest federal disaster loans available to California businesses and residents affected by the wildfires.
- Renew your CAMEO membership or join us!
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is Opportunity Finance Network’s Landit for CDFI Women program.
Small Business Saturday Was a Success
In California, CAMEO members and friends encouraged clients to participate in Small Business Saturday. Opportunity Fund’s CEO, Luz Urrutia, wrote on the importance of supporting women entrepreneurs this holiday season. Meanwhile, Oakland Grown created a special shopping guide for the East Bay area, many of them clients of CAMEO members. If you have a local holiday gift guide please email it to Daniela and we will post on our blog.
Federal Reserve Credit Survey
Survey on California’s State Funding
- Friedman Associates is hosting a webinar on tools to forecast CDFI growth and impact on December 5, 2018, at 11:00 am PT.
- CALED will be hosting the webinar, A City’s Guide to Retail and Restaurant Real Estate Trends, on December 5, 2018, at 1:00 pm PT.
Opportunity Finance Network and Landit designed a training program for women in CDFIs. Applications are due December 7, 2018.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab’s Nonprofit Institute will take place in Los Angeles on January 15, 2019.
For Your Clients
- Small Business California’s 2018 Small Business Survey is open, ask your clients to fill it out.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a free webinar on retirement security for small business owners on Monday, December 3, 2018, at 4:00 pm PT.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a series of free webinars to explain how the changes to the ACA affect small businesses.
- A new report produced by Asset Funders Network reveals the growing economic fragility of single women 45-65 years of age.
- USDA Rural Development has funds available in their Business & Industry Loan Guarantee Program.