In this Must Know…
- The Federal Reserve’s 2018 Small Business Credit Survey
- Success at the MicroLenders Forum
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
- Save the Date for Advocacy Day on June 4, 2019!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Opportunity Finance Network’s Small Business Finance Forum taking place June 18-19, 2019 in Chicago.
Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
The Federal Reserve released their first report from the 2018 Small Business Credit Survey. The 2019 Report on Employer Firms takes a look at the financial health and employment needs of small businesses with payroll jobs. Key findings include:
- Revenue and employment continue to grow
- Fewer employers expect to hire more workers
- Demand for financing from online lenders is growing and dwarfing demand from other sources
Success at The MicroLenders Forum
On April 23, 2019, more than 60 microlenders and other lending stakeholders gathered for one of our favorite events – the MicroLenders Forum – at the Google Foundation.
We had great speakers talking to us about the economy, microlending tips, and two extremely interesting topics: impact investment and Opportunity Zones. Read our latest blog post to get all the details of what went down at the event!
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
Events like the MicroLenders Forum are one of the 25 reasons (or more!) you value CAMEO.
Reason #5: CAMEO brings together experts from across the microbusiness sector to keep our members up to date on industry trends and help them improve their services to entrepreneurs.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting the webinar “How to Spot a Predatory Loan” on May 9, 2019, at 10:00 am PT.
- Small businesses can now apply for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program. Applications close on May 15, 2019.
Research & Funding
- LISC published a report that analyses the CDFI industry and its trajectory of social impact investing.
- The deadline to submit form SF-424 for those applying for the CDFI and NACA programs is May 3, 2019.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Small Business Finance Forum on June 18-19, 2019 in Chicago.
- Take the Federal Reserve’s 2019 CDFI Survey today!