This is the time of year that many of us express our gratitude for the things that matter most to us. At CAMEO, that means our small businesses and the local entrepreneurial ecosystem that helps them thrive. You are the reason we get out of bed in the morning – and for that we THANK YOU!
In this Must Know…
- Small Business Saturday is on November 27, 2021
- Our CAMEO Annual Member Meeting is on December 2, 2021
- Join us for our LenderFit webinar on December 8, 2021
- New Responsible Lending Policy Wins
- Apply for our Language and Cultural Accessibility RFP by December 15, 2021
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Join Small Business Majority for “Hiring your workforce with Confidence: Paid Family Leave Grant and CalSaver” on December 8, 2021
Small Business Saturday
The first on our gratitude list – small businesses. After a tough 20 months, we need to support them more than ever during the holiday shopping season.
Forget Black Friday. Rest another day and start your shopping on Small Business Saturday on November 27, 2021.
We are thankful for all the small businesses that are integral to the communities they serve, and we’reproud to show our gratitude for everything they do in our communities. Show your support and #ShopSmall this holiday season.
CAMEO Annual Member Meeting
We are extra thankful this year for our CAMEO members who worked so hard to keep our small businesses afloat. Please join us for our CAMEO Annual Member Meeting on December 2, 2021 at 11:00am PT so we can show our appreciation.
On the agenda:
Meet staff members – even those behind the scene!
Reflect on 2021 accomplishments and your hard work, and
Meet the new board members and what’s in store for next year.
Learn About LenderFit
As part of the CAMEO Incubator, CAMEO invites you to join us for a webinar to learn about LenderFit, a cloud-based loan origination software for microlenders and CDFIs on December 8, 2021 from 2:30-3:30pm PT. You’ll also hear how CAMEO members are utilizing LenderFit to increase their lending
New Responsible Lending Policy Wins
We’ve had two wins on the responsible small business lending front. Rep. Nydia Velázquez, the Chairwoman of the House Small Business Committee, and Senator Robert Menendez introduced a fderal Small Business Lending Disclosure Act, following laws by California and New York. Also, guidance on the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) included responsible small business language.
Read more in our blog post “New Responsible Lending Policy Wins“.
- Join Small Business Majority for “Hiring your workforce with Confidence: Paid Family Leave Grant and CalSaver” on December 8, 2021 at 2:00pm PT.
- Read the Aspen Institute’s new report “Scaling Lending to Entrepreneurs of Color: Part I – Core Operational Challenges.”
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, SBDC San Joaquin Center, California Farmlink and El Pajaro CDC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!