In this Must Know…
- The California FY 2023-24 budget was finalized, and small business programs saw a stable budget with few cuts.
- Become a SBCS partner! Find out how in this informative session by the Federal Reserve, on July 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm PT.
- CAMEO in the News!
- CAMEO is hiring a VP of Finance and Operations. The deadline to apply is TODAY at EOD.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the SBA Cyber Summit 2023, taking place every Wednesday in October.
Small Business Investments Hold Steady in California Budget
The California FY 2023-24 budget was finally finalized. This year included steep cuts overall, but small business programs saw a stable budget with few cuts. Some highlights:
- The Technical Assistance Expansion Program received $23 million to support SBDCs.
- The $50 million for the CA Investment and Innovation Program remains intact.
- GO-Biz will see an overall $9 million increase to $79 million.
- The CA Small Agricultural Business Drought Relief Grant program increased $25 million for a total of $100 million.
Become a SBCS Partner
The Small Business Credit Survey (SBCS) is a national survey conducted by the Federal Reserve that provides a detailed look at performance and financing conditions from the perspectives of small business owners. The SBCS is the largest national dataset of its kind and is only possible thanks to a national network of partners who help promote the survey to the small businesses they work with. Join the Federal Reserve on July 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm PT for an Information Session to learn what’s involved with being an SBCS partner, hear from past partners, and find out how it can benefit your organization.
CAMEO in the News
- Carolina is quoted in a recent Forbes article on “Questions for business owners to ask before seeking capital.”
- Heidi was a guest in CALED’s Economic Development podcast on “Understanding community culture and building trust in relation to economic resiliency and disruption.”
- Board member Jesse Torres was also a guest in CALED’s podcast, on “Helping businesses plan for and recover from economic disruptions.”
For Your Clients
- The Small Business Growth Fund provides recipients with up to $25,000 in grants. Applications close July 21, 2023.
- The SBA Cyber Summit 2023 will take place every Wednesday in October. Experts from the cybersecurity and business worlds will share best practices and practical tools to help small businesses.
- The Center for Responsible Lending will host a panel on increasing transparency in small business lending on July 17, 2023 at 9:45 am PT.
- ICYMI: Working Solutions hosted a virtual conversation with the grandmother of Juneteenth, Ms. Opal Lee, and CalOSBA Director Tara Lynn Gray. The recording is now available.
- The Dr. Beatriz María Solís Policy Institute (SPI) is a policy advocacy and leadership training fellowship. Applications close on July 19, 2023.
- CalNonprofits is seeking candidates for its Board of Directors. Nominations are open through July 31, 2023.
- Food for Thought: This TEDx talk by Ernesto Sirolli offers an interesting perspective on entrepreneurial training and helping entrepreneurs.
- Jobs: CAMEO, the Treasury Department, and ESO Ventures announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!