In this Must Know…
- CAMEO and two of our members were awarded a 2023 SBA Prime Grant!
- Join Connecting Communities’ webinar on “How CDFIs Are Faring” on September 7, 2023 at 12:00pm PT.
- Take Action: Sign NCRC’s letter to support Section 1071
- Carolina was featured in this Forbes Expert Panel article on ways for business leaders to build strong relationships with financial partners.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is OFN’s webinar on “Mission-Aligned Portfolio Management” on September 27, 2023 at 11:00am PT.
SBA Prime Grants Announced
Earlier this week, SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman announced the awardees of the 2023 Program for Investment in Microentrepreneurs (PRIME) grant awards. CAMEO is excited to announce that we are one of the recipients, along with CAMEO members California FarmLink and the International Rescue Committee. Together, these three organizations will receive $900,000 to support disadvantaged microentrepreneurs. This year, the SBA placed special emphasis on organizations that support entrepreneurs in rural areas and deliver in-language technical assistance to diverse rural-owned small businesses.
Webinar: How CDFIs Are Faring
Every other year, the Federal Reserve conducts a survey of CDFIs to better understand the barriers and opportunities they face. This year, 453 institutions responded to the Fed’s 2023 CDFI Survey.
Join Connecting Communities’ webinar on September 7, 2023 at 12:00pm PT to learn about key findings from the 2023 survey and thoughts about the road ahead for CDFIs. During the survey presentation, speakers will discuss demand for CDFIs’ products and services, challenges to meeting demand—including lending capital—and innovations in products and practices.
Take Action: Support Section 1071
With lenders now having to report their lending broken down by race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation, implementation of Section 1071 of the Dodd-Frank Act is an important step toward eliminating discrimination in small business lending. However, the banking industry’s latest lawsuit against the CFPB’s final rule threatens this progress and the constitutionality of the CFPB itself.
Support the final rule – read and sign on to Rise Economy’s letter to bank CEOs by THIS FRIDAY, September 1, 2023.
- AEO’s newest report, “Breaking Barriers to Capital Access for Returning Citizens,” sheds light on the many barriers faced by formerly incarcerated entrepreneurs.
- Higher Logic’s 2023 Association Community Benchmark Report offers data specifically for the association and nonprofit industries.
For Your Clients
- Applications are open for the Kauffman Foundation’s new FastTrac pilot course, “Entrepreneurial Growth: Pathways to Profitability.” Deadline to apply is TODAY.
- Ask your clients to complete Small Business Majority’s survey on accounting, financial management, and digital tools for small businesses.