- Save the date for our West Coast Micro Business Conference on September 16-17, 2019.
- Register for the webinar “Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates” on April 18, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
- SBA has new federal disaster loans available now.
- Register for the 2019 MicroLenders Forum on April 23, 2019, in San Francisco.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s search for stories of small business owners who’ve been affected by predatory loans.
Save The Date!
CAMEO is holding our first-ever West Coast Micro Business Conference on September 16-17, 2019 at the Marriot Oakland. Mark your calendars now!
Helping our members network and connect through the various meetings and events we host every year is another one of the 25 (and more!) reasons we value CAMEO.
Third Thursday Webinar
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City released a report titled “Black Women Business Startups” that aims to increase policymakers and economic developers’ understanding of this group of business owners.
- SBA’s Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet titled “Small Business Facts: Spotlight on Women-Owned Employer Businesses.”
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is looking for anonymous stories from real small business owners who have had to deal with predatory lending practices in the past. Make sure to let them know you heard about it from CAMEO.
- SBA announced the launch of the 2019 Emerging Leaders Initiative for executives of small businesses in emerging markets.
- JP Morgan Chase’s PRO Neighborhoods Competition will make investments up to $5 million to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that come together with a comprehensive, strategic vision for the community. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2019.