In this Must Know…
- Save the date for our West Coast Micro Business Conference on September 16-17, 2019.
- Register for the webinar “Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates” on April 18, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
- SBA has new federal disaster loans available now.
- Register for the 2019 MicroLenders Forum on April 23, 2019, in San Francisco.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business Majority’s search for stories of small business owners who’ve been affected by predatory loans.
Save The Date!
CAMEO is holding our first-ever West Coast Micro Business Conference on September 16-17, 2019 at the Marriot Oakland. Mark your calendars now!
Helping our members network and connect through the various meetings and events we host every year is another one of the 25 (and more!) reasons we value CAMEO.
What are other reasons you value CAMEO? Email your thoughts to Daniela, and if you’re interested in sponsoring the conference you can reach out to Carolina.
Third Thursday Webinar
Join us for “Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates” on April 18, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
With so much going on in Washington and Sacramento, we have gathered our policy friends to keep you informed of all the excitement. This webinar will prep you for our Advocacy Day later in the spring when we will advocate in Sacramento for small and micro-business issues. Get training on how best to conduct your meeting, what to say and be briefed on the issues.
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
SBA has announced that small non-farm businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private nonprofit organizations in 22 California counties affected by the most recent drought are now eligible to apply for low‑interest federal disaster loans.
The deadline to apply is November 22, 2019.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City released a report titled “Black Women Business Startups” that aims to increase policymakers and economic developers’ understanding of this group of business owners.
- SBA’s Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet titled “Small Business Facts: Spotlight on Women-Owned Employer Businesses.”
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is looking for anonymous stories from real small business owners who have had to deal with predatory lending practices in the past. Make sure to let them know you heard about it from CAMEO.
- SBA announced the launch of the 2019 Emerging Leaders Initiative for executives of small businesses in emerging markets.
- JP Morgan Chase’s PRO Neighborhoods Competition will make investments up to $5 million to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that come together with a comprehensive, strategic vision for the community. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2019.
- Industry News: Linda McMahon has resigned from her position as head of SBA, effective April 12, 2019.
- Jobs: Feed The Hunger, Greenlining, PCV, and WEV announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!