In This Must Know…
- CAMEO is looking for a Digital Literacy and Fluency expert – download the RFP!
- Kauffman’s new report “Seeding an inclusive and equitable recovery“
- New report from Gusto: Entrepreneurs Seizing New Business Opportunities Amid the Great Resignation
- Our Los Angeles Member Regional Meeting is on July 29, 2022 from 11:30am-2:00pm PT at With Love Market & Cafe!
- Join us for Uplevel Your Online Training for Inclusivity, August 10-11 & 17-18, 2022!
- Registration is open for our MicroLenders Forum on September 15, 2022!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is that applications for the AAPISTRONG: Small Business Grants are now open!
RFP for Digital Literacy and Fluency
CAMEO is looking for a Digital Literacy and Fluency expert to curate curriculum and resources!
We know that digital skills and expertise are critical to business success. Help us sort through the number of resources out there to develop a curated set of training material that nonprofit business service providers can use with their diverse population of clients.
Send proposals by Friday July 22, 2022 to Liza Rivera.
Seeding an Inclusive and Equitable Recovery
It’s no secret that COVID-19 was a significant economic threat in addition to a public health crisis. Policymakers responded by providing emergency funding to keep businesses and the economy afloat.
Kauffman’s new report “Seeding an inclusive and equitable recovery” addresses the inequities experienced by small and new firms – particularly businesses owned by Black, Indigenous, or People of Color, women, and individuals in historically under-resourced communities.
New Business Owners
Over 5.4 million new businesses were formed in 2021. This is an historic high, made even more impressive by the fact that it happened while the country remained in the midst of a once-in-a-century pandemic. What motivated these business owners to start a business during this time? How are they faring? And, how do they compare to pre-pandemic businesses?
In Gusto’s new report, Survey: Entrepreneurs Seizing New Business Opportunities Amid the Great Resignation these questions of new business owners are answered.
- Register for Integrating Technology into CDFI Small Business Lending: The Real Deal on July 20, 2022 at 12:00pm PT.
- Join Deputy Secretary of Commerce Don Graves, Jr. for Creating Good Jobs: Perspectives from Small Employers on July 26, 2022 at 12:00pm PT.
- Join AFN for Advancing Equity: The Power and Promise of Credit Building on July 27, 2022 at 11:00am PT.
- Join the CBA Training Institute for the Credit as an Asset Summer 2022 Virtual Webinar Series from August 17-24, 2022.
For Your Clients
- Applications for the AAPISTRONG: Small Business Grants are now open