Happy Juneteenth! CAMEO’s office will be closed on Friday to celebrate.
In this Must Know…
- CAMEO commends the finalization of regulations to enact California’s SB-1235
- Advocacy Playbook: Racial Economic Equity In Small Business Funding
- Join CAMEO and California FarmLink on Tuesday, June 28, 2022, at 11:00am PT for Growing Successful Agricultural Businesses – Info Session
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to Register for the Introduction to Economic Development (“Keys”) Course on October 17-20, 2022
SB-1235 Is Reality!
Thanks to the hard work of the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation and all the advocates who made this a reality! It’s time to celebrate this win!
CAMEO commends the finalization of regulations to enact California’s SB-1235. The new regulations will require clear disclosure of rates and fees in small business lending, a necessary step to protect small businesses from predatory lenders offering high-interest loans and hidden fees.
Carolina was featured in American Banker talking about the long-awaited disclosures for small-business loans.
CAMEO is on the steering committee of the California Small Business Coalition for Racial Justice, a collaboration of 17 lenders and nonprofits. They created an advocacy playbook: Racial Economic Equity In Small Business Funding.
This Playbook is for CDFIs, community-based lenders, small business technical assistance providers, and others involved in mission -led finance. The Playbook can also help funders, banks, policymakers, and legislators build their understanding of racial economic equity, and inform their programs and policymaking.
Growing Successful Ag Businesses Info Session
Join CAMEO and California FarmLink on Tuesday, June 28, 2022, at 11:00am PT to learn about an exciting online, 8-part class in September, “Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture“.
Space is limited for the class. Learn about the class logistics, a preview of the curriculum, what’s expected of participants, how to apply, and of course answer your questions.
- The California Department of Finance Demographic Research Unit has created a California-focused hard-to-count metric modeled on the U.S. Census Bureau’s Hard-to-Count Score of past censuses.
- A new SBA bulletin examines how small businesses continue to recover from the COVID-19 recession.
- Register for the Introduction to Economic Development (“Keys”) Course on October 17-20, 2022
- Jobs: RUNWAY, Shareable, Greenlining, WBC, WEV LISC, PCV, and PACE announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!