In This Must Know…
- AB 2314 – Responsible Small Business Lending Introduced
- Federal FY2022 Funding Update
- CAMEO on Small Business Majority host a 30-minute policy brief on Friday, March 18, 2022 at 11:00am PT
- CAMEO in the News: “Inflation can be tough for small businesses, but the right strategies, support and resources can help them mitigate the challenge.”
- Register for our Annual Advocacy Day on April 27, 2022
- This week’s Goodie highlight is SBA Announces Funding Opportunity to Provide Continuation of Boots to Business Entrepreneurship Training.
Responsible Small Biz Lending
Yesterday, Assembly Member Cottie Petrie-Norris introduced AB 2314 – Responsible Small Business Lending. The bill would require any commercial financing products that leverage state funding—such as loan guarantee programs—to include several financing rights and protections for borrowers.
CAMEO and many of our colleagues have led in California’s responsible lending efforts with the passage of SB 1235 in 2018 and we support this bill. Please join us by submitting a letter of support for AB 2314.
CAMEO’s FY2022 Funding
President Biden signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022 this past Tuesday. The bill contains all 12 FY2022 appropriations bills that will fund the government for the rest of the fiscal year.
For FY2022 (which began in October 1, 2021), most of our programs saw an increase from last year. See funding for the SBA, USDA and CDFI Fund in our CAMEO FY2022 Funding Update. Expect NOFAs to come out soon.
Women’s History Month
Join us and Small Business Majority this Friday, March 18, 2022 at 11:00 am PT as we discuss state and federal policy updates that impact small business owners in California, as well as new laws that went into effect as of January 1, 2022.
New Resources & Funding Opportunity
- SBA Announces Funding Opportunity to Provide Continuation of Boots to Business Entrepreneurship Training.
- New report from the BLS Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) on “The Great Resignation.”
CAMEO Member Kudos
- California Capital FDC launches new Sacramento Valley SBDC.
- Congratulations to JEDI, IRC, Opening Doors, PCR SBDC, Prospera, Public Counsel and WEV, who received a grant from the California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls Fund for Women’s Pandemic Recovery Response.
- FTC Charges HomeAdvisor, Inc. with Cheating Small Businesses Seeking Leads for Home Improvement Projects.
- SBA Administrator Guzman announces Existing COVID Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program Borrowers to Receive an Additional Deferment.