In this Must Know…(so much happening!)
- Look for the Racial Justice Playbook and Social Media Toolkit in our Small Business Coalition for Racial Justice course!
- Join us for Centering Women Business Owners in Recovery on Tuesday, August 23, 2022
- Increasing Transparency in Fintech Takes the State in Congressional Hearing
- Thanks to all who signed the comment letter to DFPI for UDAAP regulations!
- Deadline extended to this Friday: Submit a comment letter on the overhaul of CRA
- CAMEO In The News: Carolina was featured in an article on Black Enterprise talking about black owned businesses
- Join us for Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture, Businesses, September 27-November 15
- Registration is open for our MicroLenders Forum on September 15, 2022!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to join CBA for Credit as an Asset: Small Business Course Preview on August 18, 2022 at 11:00am PT
Racial Equity Toolkit
One of the projects from the California Small Business Coalition for Racial Justice is an advocacy playbook: Racial Economic Equity In Small Business Funding.
We created a Social Media Toolkit for the playbook that lives in our CAMEO Academy’s Small Business Coalition for Racial Justice course. Please Email Annissa if you would like to be added to the course.
The Coalition is a collaboration of 17 lenders and nonprofits in which CAMEO participates and sits on the steering committee.
Centering Women Business Owners in Recovery
As part of the WE CAN Initiative, CAMEO and Union Bank invite you to Centering Women Business Owners in Recovery on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, at 10:00am PT.
Join us for an intimate conversation between women leaders and women business owners about how to develop and grow a women-business-owner-centric economic recovery.
Fintech Takes the Stage
On July 13, 2022 the U.S. House of Representatives Small Business Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations, and Regulations held a hearing titled: “Fintech and Transparency in Small Business Lending.” Fintech is the technology and innovation that are changing the way banking and lending are done.
Read more about the hearing in our blog post “Increasing Transparency in Fintech Takes the State in Congressional Hearing.”
For Your Clients
- Fill out the RFP for a CALED Communications Consultant by August 19, 2022.
- Help with a Family Business Study survey for those that have individual family-owned firms in their network.
- Help PCV by taking their survey to help understand challenges that come with offering benefits to employees.
- New report from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Identifying and addressing the financial needs of immigrants.
- From Aspen Institute: The State of Financial Security 2020: A Framework for Recovery and Resilience.
- Join CBA for Credit as an Asset: Small Business Course Preview on August 18, 2022 at 11:00am PT.
- FY 2022 CDFI Equitable Recovery Program Application deadline extended until August 18, 2022.
- Member Kudos: Congrats to Inclusive Action for the City for being an awardee in the Small Business Anti-Displacement Network 2022 Case Study Awards.
- Jobs: El Pajaro CDC, Southwestern College, NCRC, Accessity, BCIF, RUNWAY, Shareable, and Greenlining announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!