In this Must Know…
- Online Group Training, a Third Thursday Webinar
- Ways to Celebrate Our 25 Years
- Policy Update
- This week’s Goodie highlight is that Carolina will be speaking at NALCAB’s November training (scroll down for info.)
Online Group Training, a Third Thursday Webinar
More and more clients request or expect online programs. Online trainings allow participants to be mobile, log in from anywhere, save travel or childcare costs, and save time, a hot commodity for any business owner. Online training can help reach a larger geographic audience, save money on rental spaces, and fulfill grant requirements.
Join us as we welcome Joy Taylor on October 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm PT for Online Group Training for a step by step instructions on how to take current in-person classes and deliver and bring them to life online via video conferencing.
25th Anniversary Reminders
- Get tickets for our 25th Anniversary Celebration on December 5, 2019 in San Francisco.
- Don’t forget to nominate your successful clients for the 2019 Faces of Entrepreneurship Awards.
- Contribute to this unforgettable evening! Check out the sponsorship opportunities available.
Federal: This week, Congress passed and the President signed a continuing resolution (CR) to fund the Federal Budget that continues current spending levels until November 21. What remains to be seen is how the impeachment inquiry will affect the bi-partisanship needed to pass the budget.
State: AB 857, a bill that allows for public banks and will increase access to capital for small businesses – was signed by Governor Newsom on Wednesday.
- Download Agility Recovery’s disaster preparedness guide.
- New Census Data: Income Inequality Widens Among Californians.
- Challenges and Opportunities Among Entrepreneurs of Color.
For Your Clients
- Food System 6 supports entrepreneurs tackling food system challenges. The pre-application deadline is October 15, 2019.
- Credit Builders Alliance’s “Credit as an Asset” in-person training starts November 12, 2019 in Detroit.
- The 2019 NALCAB National Training, the ultimate event for Latino community development professionals, takes place November 18-21, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Member Kudos: The Association of Women’s Business Centers has honored Marsha Bailey, WEV’s Founder & CEO, by naming their national leadership Award after her.
- Jobs: Operation HOPE is looking for volunteers while Aspen Institute and Renaissance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!