In this Must Know…
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Show your love for microbiz by visiting your local shops and restaurants today.
- Prosperity Now 2019 Scorecard – How Did California Rank?
- Congress Goes on Recess Next Week – Take Action!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is USDA’s Rural Business Development grant program.
- February 19, 2019 – Los Angeles Basin Member Meeting
- February 21, 2019 – Third Thursday Webinar: Gig Economy 101
- March 20, 2019 – Training Independent Entrepreneurs for Success
Prosperity Now 2019 California Scorecard
Prosperity Now has released their 2019 Scorecard – an exhaustive resource that measures the performance of every state in the country on their outcomes and policies across five issue areas.
California ranked 18 on the prosperity of its residents when compared to the 50 states and D.C. However, it ranked 24 in racial disparity using Prosperity Now’s new methodology that aims to illustrate race and ethnicity’s outsize impact on economic well-being. Read more about the outcomes and policies for business ownership in the state in our blog post, “Prosperity Now 2019 Scorecard – How did California Rank?“
Take Action During Recess
Congress goes on recess next week. It’s the perfect opportunity to talk directly to lawmakers about how the shutdown impacted your clients and communities, and to ask them to support legislation that will prevent future shutdowns.
Download CAMEO’s full recess packet for tips on how to reach your legislators and data to share with them to make the most out of your meetings.
Third Thursday Webinar
Register for “Gig Economy 101: Samaschool and the Online Entrepreneur” on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm.
Samaschool developed a one-day workshop to train business assistance providers. Their workshop provides participants with an up-to-date orientation on the gig economy and equips them to deliver the curricula. The training provides an overview of the risks and benefits of independent work, teaches critical independent work skills, and identifies how clients can leverage independent work to meet their professional and personal goals.
For Your Clients
- SBA Administrator Linda McMahon announced the launch of a digital platform for women entrepreneurs during 2019 National Small Business Week (May 5-11).
- USDA is accepting applications for the Rural Business Development Grant program. Deadline is March 29, 2019.