In this Must Know…
- Join “Online Learning Is Here to Stay” on March 21, 2019, at 2:00 pm
- Invite your military-connected women clients to WOVEN.
- Tax day is coming!
- Carolina testified today in Congress about the SBA Microloan Program.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is AEO and GoDaddy’s Digital Presence for All grant program.
- March 20, 2019 – Training Independent Entrepreneurs for Success
- April 23, 2019 – MicroLenders Forum
- May 1, 2019 – Advocacy Day
Online Learning Is Here to Stay
Register for our Third Thursday Webinar, “Online Learning Is Here to Stay” on March 21, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
Going online with training and consulting is not as difficult as you might think. Joy Taylor of JEDI will demystify the world of remote learning. Topics covered include: delivery method pros and cons, technology platforms, how to create engagement online, the flipped classroom, and repurposing content. Develop a step by step approach to bring your organization’s expertise online.
Are You Serving Military-Connected Women?
Join us in honoring women veterans this spring by inviting your clients to WOVEN – Women Veteran Entrepreneurs Network.
WOVEN meetups are structured but informal work sessions to improve business growth strategies and connect with other women to form a formidable business network. We host regular meetups in the Los Angeles area as well as online.
Tax Day Is Coming
With tax season in full swing, the effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Acts are becoming known. CAMEO supports legislative efforts that aim at making the tax code simpler and more accessible to small businesses. We are pleased to support H.R. 593, introduced on January 16, which amends the Internal Revenue Code with respect to several requirements that affect small businesses and self-employed individuals. Read more on our latest blog post.
- Registration is now open for OFN’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
- Registration is now live for CBA’s Credit Building Symposium on June 12-14, 2019 in Washington, DC.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting a webinar on International Trade Strategies for Small Businesses on March 20, 2019, at 12:00 pm PT.
- The 2019 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is offering a total of over $220,000 in grants and prizes for entrepreneurs. Last day to enter isMarch 25, 2019.
- CDFA released a white paper on how traditional development finance tools can be used to demonstrate the viability of the food system as an asset class.
- Square and Thumbtack surveyed over 900 female small business owners across the U.S. to better understand the gender stereotypes women face in their business lives.
- Grant Opportunity: AEO and GoDaddy’s Digital Presence For All program will help organizations provide cutting-edge technical assistance to entrepreneurs. Applications accepted through March 15, 2019.
- Jobs: CAMEO, PCV, WEV, and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!