In this Must Know…
- New Year, New Opportunities for CDFIs
- Fill out this short survey to help us improve our website.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight includes two updates from the CDFI Fund.
New Year, New Opportunities for CDFIs
- The California Community Investment Coalition (CCCI) is hosting its Second Annual California CDFI Summit on January 17, 2023 in Wilmington, CA.
- Join CAMEO’s Strategic Management Framework Course from February 8 through February 29, 2024. This 4-part series is funded in part by the SBA PRIME Grant and offered at no cost.
- Registration is open for the 2024 Cohort of CAMEO’s CDFI Essentials, our monthly facilitated peer learning program consisting of 11 live monthly sessions starting February 15, 2024.
Help us Improve our Website!
At CAMEO, we are always working hard on being the best we can be for our members. This not only includes our programs and services, but also the basics such as communication.
We are reviewing our website and want to hear YOUR thoughts on how we can improve it to meet the needs of our members. Please give us your feedback by filling out this short survey.
ICYMI: President Vetoes Section 1071 Repeal
Late last month President Biden vetoed S.J.Res. 32, the resolution that aimed to override CFPB’s implementation of Section 1071 of the Dodd-Frank Act.
CAMEO applauds this decision by the President and hopes the financial industry will see the value in collecting and reporting demographic data.
- The CDFI Fund’s Advisory Board will conduct a virtual public meeting on January 17, 2024 at 11:00am PT.
- The revised CDFI Certification Application is now available for submission in the CDFI Fund’s Awards Management Information System (AMIS). Only non-certified organizations are currently able to submit a revised CDFI Certification Application.
News & Resources
- NALCAB’s “Integrating Fintech: Practitioner Guide” offers lessons learned from practitioners, and fillable tools to help nonprofit organizations follow a path to implement fintech into their financial capability programs.
- Read Recast City’s recent blog post on things learned about local economic development in 2023.
- Read the Aspen Institute’s recent publication on The State of Inclusion in the U.S. Financial System.
- The Economic Innovation Group’s recent report shows that business applications are on track for the second-largest annual total on record.
- Member Kudos: Congratulations to Black Cultural Zone on being selected as a finalist in the EDA’s Distressed Area Recompete Pilot Program!
- Jobs: Community Initiatives, Accessity, and Silver Lining announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!