Note: We are watching the federal government budget talks and will update you as appropriate next week when we know more on a government shutdown.
In this Must Know…
- Join our Behavioral Science in TA Info Session on October 13, 2023 at 10:00am PT.
- Join our webinar on how to build organizational efficiency on October 10, 2023 at 12:00pm PT.
- Are you attending NALCAB, CA FWD, or OFN conferences this fall? Let us know and let’s meet up!
- Ask your clients to share their experiences by taking the Federal Reserve’s 2023 Small Business Credit Survey today.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is next week’s virtual event on innovative models of capital access and readiness for small businesses, taking place October 5, 2023 at 11:00am PT. Carolina will join as a panelist!
CAMEO Partners with COOK Alliance to Expand MEHKOs in California
CAMEO is excited to announce that we are partnering with COOK Alliance on a $5 million project that will expand MEHKOs in California!
The state Legislature allocated $8 million to bolster California’s MEHKO program: $3 million for county health departments and $5 million for engaging and training home cooks. CAMEO and COOK Alliance’s two-year project will create a solid entrepreneurial ecosystem for MEHKO owners. We will engage those of you who want to participate in a cohort to expand MEHKOs in California later this fall. Learn more about the program and how to be involved.
Behavioral Science Info Session
As you may have heard, CAMEO received an SBA PRIME grant to incorporate behavioral science into business technical assistance. We’re kicking off the project with an introductory virtual informational session on October 13, 2023 at 10:00am PT!
On the session, you’ll learn what behavioral science is, see a demo of the software that we will use for this project, and learn about our cohort and how to apply. Carissa Reiniger from Silver Lining Action Plan and her staff will be joining us.
Building Organizational Efficiency with Lenderfit
Many organizations are looking to combine systems whenever possible. In this webinar, Lenderfit will walk us through how to manage business technical assistance as well as loan and grant applications on the same platform! Join us on October 10, 2023 at 12:00pm PT.
Hear from Pacific Community Ventures (PCV) regarding the capacity increases they have experienced over the past two years while using Lenderfit, which is equivalent to several additional staff members.
- Join Small Business Majority for “A Childcare Funding Crisis is Looming – How will this affect business?” TOMORROW at 9:30am PT.
- Join the FDIC for “Empowering the Hispanic Community: Exploring FDIC Tools and Resources” on October 3, 2023 at 10:00am PT.
- Sign Small Business for America’s Future’s letter to lawmakers to act swiftly to avoid a government shutdown.
- Sign Prosperity Now’s letter urging Congress to defend the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Please sign by October 15, 2023.
- Join AARP and NCRC on October 5, 2023 at 11:00am PT, for a conversation on innovative models of capital access and readiness for small businesses. Carolina will participate in a discussion panel.
- The ISDC’s “Entrepreneurial & Small Business Development Strategies” training series takes place online on October 5-6, 2023.
For Your Clients
- Funding Opportunity: The CDFI Fund is hosting a pre-application webinar on October 4, 2023 at 11:00am PT for those interested in applying to the Small Dollar Loan Program.
- Jobs: The US Treasury Department, Accessity, El Pajaro CDC, and COOK Alliance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!