- The Micro Census is open! Read Last Year’s Report
- Join us for the CalSavers Webinar on October 23.
- Community Advantage Comments
- This week’s highlight is a new book by Prosperity Now founder Robert E. Friedman – “A Few Thousand Dollars: Sparking Prosperity.”
The Micro Census is Open! Read Last Year’s Report
Community Advantage Comments
- NCLC has released a new report on installment loans, “A Larger and Longer, Debt Trap?“
- The Chapman Institute released “California Feudalism: The Squeeze on The Middle Class.”
- A new paper from the Federal Reserve Banks of Atlanta and Cleveland shows the difficulties faced by small black-owned businesses when obtaining credit.
- Prosperity Now founder Robert E. Friedman has a new book out, A Few Thousand Dollars: Sparking Prosperity.
- ASBC is launching its “Business for Democracy Campaign,” which encourages businesses to offer their employees time off to vote.
- American Express’ Shop Small Studio’ has a host of customizable marketing materials to get ready for Small Business Saturday.
- Small Business Majority is celebrating National Women’s Small Business Month with a series of free webinars throughout October.
- CALED is hosting a webinar on California Opportunity Zones on November 7, 2018, at 1:00 pm.
- Join Small Business Majority for their CalSavers Retirement Savings Program webinar on Tuesday, October 30, 2018, at 11:30 am (PDT).
- Register for AFN’s Annual Bay Area Asset Building Conference on November 1, 2018, in Oakland.
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) will host two workshops – Credit Risk and Operational Risk Workshop – in San Francisco on November 6-7, 2018.
- AEO will host a stakeholder call on October 25, 2018, at 22:30 pm PST, on the OCC’s proposed changes to the Community Reinvestment Act.
- For Our Members: LendingFront explains “How Small Business Lenders Can Get the Most from Fintech Innovations in UI and UX.“
- Jobs: Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, JEDI, California Farmlink, Cutting Edge Capital, and Chinatown Service Center are hiring!