In this Must Know…
- Apply for our Language and Cultural Accessibility RFP
- Welcome to our new CAMEO Staff Member, Addison!
- Join our California Rebuilding Fund Train-the-Trainer on November 19, 2021
- Small Business Saturday is on November 27, 2021
- Our CAMEO Annual Member Meeting is on December 2, 2021
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to encourage your clients to take the Federal Reserve’s Small Business Credit Survey before it closes tomorrow November 19, 2021.
Language and Cultural Accessibility RFP
CAMEO has held dozens of listening sessions and calls with our members centered on the relief programs. Language and culturally appropriate resources for California’s diverse population to navigate the variousprograms was mentioned over and over.
To meet that need CAMEO will provide subgrants of up to $10,000 to translate and modify current curriculum with a focus on language and cultural accessibility. All CAMEO members with a proven track record of providing business assistanceand/or capital to low and moderate income populations are encouraged to apply. Download the RFP.
Welcome To Our New Policy Specialist
Addison Peterson is our new Policy Specialist for CAMEO and comes with a wide range of political and policy experience. Addison served as a Delegate for the Democratic National Committee and California Democratic Party. After graduating college with his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, he worked as a Fellow for the Jesse M. Unruh Assembly Fellowship program for the office of Assembly member Chris Holden. While working in the Assembly for a few years, Addison staffed legislation and worked on the Assembly Floor team for the Speaker and Majority Leader’s office. After the Assembly he worked at the University of California Office of the President as the High School Articulation Coordinator working on education policy for K-12 and higher education. During this time he completed his Masters in Public Administration. Today Addison enjoys working with the small business community figuring out new ways to support small business at the state and federal policy level.
You can contact him at apeterson@CAMEOnetwork.org.
California Rebuilding Fund Train the Trainer
Join us tomorrow, November 19, 2021 11:00am PT for the California Rebuilding Fund: Deeper Conversation.
If you would like a more hands on explanation of the product and the application, join us to talk about the following:
- CDFI / Borrower Process
- Connecting with Your CDFI
- Loan Product
- Application Demo
For Your Clients
- Read the Project Equity Report “California Cooperatives: Today’s Landscape of Worker, Housing and Childcare Cooperatives.”
- Minneapolis Fed has a rich resource for information on Racism and the Economy.
- Read the The Kauffman Indicators of Entrepreneurship 2020 California Snapshot.