In this Must Know…
- CAMEO Calendar – lots happening!
- CAMEO Census 2021: Take the survey ASAP!
- Member Kudos
- The California Relief Grant Round 9 is now open for new applicants!
- CAMEO in the News: Our CEO, Carolina Martinez, was featured in this Telemundo article about Round 9 of California Relief Grants.
- National Small Business Week is almost here! The SBA announced the event schedule for next week.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the CFPB inviting small business owners or entrepreneurs to to tell their story!
|Central Coast Regional Meeting Join your colleagues and CAMEO on September 14, 2021 at 3:00pm as we discuss what entrepreneurial success looks like from a client and organizational perspective in the recovery.
Entrepreneurship Advantage Meet Up Our LA collaborative meets on September 23, 2021 at 11:00am to discuss two cool new platforms that can help your clients with digital marketing.
San Francisco Bay Resource Partners Meeting on September 23, 2021 at 3:00pm. Our topic: Fintech. It is here to stay. We’ve discussed the dangers of predatory online financing products. Can the technology be used for good? How do we harness it to improve equity outcomes?
This year’s MicroLenders Forum will focus on changes in the lending landscape due to COVID will affect your underwriting and risk managment strategies. Join us on September 29, 2021 at 10:00am for one of our favorite events of the year.
Microlending Essentials (MiLEs) Our popular microlending underwriting class will be held on October 25 – 29, 2021 for the CDFI staff and business-coaches. This introductory training covers multiple analyses: global cash, credit history, debt-to-income, and bank statement. We will sell out, so don’t wait to register.
CAMEO 2021 Impact Survey
Make sure your organization fills out our Annual Member Impact Census By collecting this information, CAMEO will have the data to advocate for important federal and statewide resources like pandemic recovery funds.
Our survey is open until September 29, 2021. According to Kurt Clark, Lead Center Director for the Central Valley SBDCs, it only took him 10 minutes.
If you have questions or need help filling out the Impact Census, register for our listening session on September 17, 11:00 am PT.
Congrats to the 3 CAMEO members – Accion Opportunity Fund, California Statewide CDC, and Lendistry who received $145 million in New Market Tax Credits from the U.S. Treasury to spur investment and economic growth in low-income urban and rural communities. A total of 10 Californian organizations will receive a total of $505 million.
- SBA’s Office of Advocacy’s annual State Profiles provide a snapshot of each state’s small businesses. Download California’s report.
- Read SBA’s Office of Advocacy’s latest fact sheet, Small Business Facts: Equally Male/Female-Owned Employer Businesses.
For Your Clients
- The CFPB invites small business owners or entrepreneurs to tell their stories. They want to hear your clients’ triumphs and challenges in accessing credit.
- Join Google for their online workshop Connect with Customers and Manage Your Business Remotely on September 13th, 2021 at 1:00pm PT.
- Jobs: Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), Working Solutions, and Credit Builders Alliance posted jobs recently. See who else is hiring!
- Sign NCRC’s Just Economy Pledge to help spread the word that America should not only promise but deliver to all Americans opportunities to build wealth and live well in our economic system.