In this Must Know…
- Congrats to the CAMEO CDFI Essentials 2022 Cohort members!
- Our list of Sub-Grantees from 2021!
- Take our survey on the small business climate by February 25, 2022
- CAMEO and Small Business Majority host a 30-minute policy brief February, 18 2022 at 12:00pm PT
- Register for our last Cooking Up Success session on February 23, 2022
- This March, you can Uplevel Your Online Training for Inclusivity with our webinar series
- This week’s Goodie highlight is many companies are hiring! Stay up to date on our industry job board.
CDFI Essentials Cohort
We are excited to announce our list of 12 CDFI Essentials 2022 Cohort members with you! This is our largest cohort yet with 8 organizations from out of state.
Black Cooperative Investment Fund,Brightpoint, California Capital FDC, Colorado Agricultural Future Loan Program, Community Initiatives for Collective Impact, Community Investment Collaborative, Del Norte Econ Dev Corp, Greater Bay Brook Alliance Maryland, Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama, Pathway Capital Funding/ Palm Beach County Black Business Investment Corporation,Rende Progress Capital, Tools for Change Miami.
We are excited to report that in 2021, we subgranted almost $800,000 to 21 organizations through our Loan Loss Reserve Program (thanks Union Bank) and the California Relief Grant Cohort. Congrats to:
Accessity, Alliance for Community Development, Arcata EDC, Bethel LA CDC, Centro Community Partners, CIELO, COOK Alliance, EDFC, El Pajaro CDC, Feed the Hunger Fund, First Community Capital, Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation Indian Dispute Resolution Services, MEDA, Oakland Indie Alliance, OmniWorks Opening Doors, Prospera, TMC Community Capital, and Uptima Entrepreneur Cooperative.
Taking The Pulse of Small Biz Climate
Please fill out our survey to take a quick pulse of the small business climate.
It’s four questions and if it takes more than a minute of your time, Heidi will buy you a beer/wine at the next in person meeting. And you’ll be entered in a drawing for a free La Cocina cookbook!
Feel free to pass along to business owners and share on social media.
The deadline for the survey is next Friday, February 25, 2022.
Free Legal Webinars
- Join Legal Services for Entrepreneurs for a one hour virtual workshop to help small businesses understand their ADA compliance under their commercial lease on February 23, 2022 at 3:00pm PT.
- Join Winston & Strawn LLP for guidance for California employers to safeguard their organizations on February 24, 2022 at 11:00am PT.
For Your Clients
- CAMEO Members in the News: CIELO and SBDC-Fullerton growing minority businesses in the OC.
- Jobs: Working Solutions, SBDC, Centro Community Partners, Feed The Hunger Fund, and Brightpoint Development Fund announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!